Cloning the target portlet for portlet wiring - Websphere

This is a discussion on Cloning the target portlet for portlet wiring - Websphere ; I have two portlets set up, one is a source and the other is the target for portlet wiring. Now, I want to create another portlet page and plan to use the same target portlet but some differences in portlet ...

  1. Cloning the target portlet for portlet wiring

    I have two portlets set up, one is a source and the other is the target
    for portlet wiring. Now, I want to create another portlet page and plan
    to use the same target portlet but some differences in portlet
    preferences.

    So I cloned the target portlet, howeve when I want to set up the wiring
    in the second page I got the following message:

    EJPAR1012W: no input properties exist.

    and I cannot select the target property, it says no target portlets
    available.

    Is this a bug or it is an intended design, that we cannot clone the
    target portlet.

    Thanks a lot for the information.

    Kind Regards

  2. Re: Cloning the target portlet for portlet wiring

    I figured it out myself.

    It seems, that I have to restart portal server after cloning the
    portlet.

    Kind Regards
    Hans wrote:
    > I have two portlets set up, one is a source and the other is the target
    > for portlet wiring. Now, I want to create another portlet page and plan
    > to use the same target portlet but some differences in portlet
    > preferences.
    >
    > So I cloned the target portlet, howeve when I want to set up the wiring
    > in the second page I got the following message:
    >
    > EJPAR1012W: no input properties exist.
    >
    > and I cannot select the target property, it says no target portlets
    > available.
    >
    > Is this a bug or it is an intended design, that we cannot clone the
    > target portlet.
    >
    > Thanks a lot for the information.
    >
    > Kind Regards

+ Reply to Thread