session expires whenever the user navigates out of portal - Websphere

This is a discussion on session expires whenever the user navigates out of portal - Websphere ; I deployed FileNet JSR168 portlets in Websphere portal server v5.1. In order to use the portlets, FileNet redirects a logged in portal user to its login page. After authenication, FileNet redirects the user back to the portal. however, it seems ...

  1. session expires whenever the user navigates out of portal

    I deployed FileNet JSR168 portlets in Websphere portal server v5.1. In order to use the portlets, FileNet redirects a logged in portal user to its login page. After authenication, FileNet redirects the user back to the portal. however, it seems that the user's session has expired as the user will then see the portal login page although he never logs out.

    Is this a feature? Can i somehow disable it?

  2. Re: session expires whenever the user navigates out of portal

    The portal session before and after login are diffrent, But if you put your data in the ApplicationScope mode of session scope the data will be available even after login/logout.

    Try to put your data using request.getPortletSession().setAttribute(name, val, 1);

+ Reply to Thread