Manage portlets without wpsadmin-level access? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Manage portlets without wpsadmin-level access? - Websphere ; We are trying to grant access to someone to install and update portlets (WAR files) onto Portal 6 using a browser, but not grant them wpsadmin-level access while doing so. Ideally, the access would be granular enough so they can ...

  1. Manage portlets without wpsadmin-level access?

    We are trying to grant access to someone to install and update portlets (WAR files) onto Portal 6 using a browser, but not grant them wpsadmin-level access while doing so. Ideally, the access would be granular enough so they can only update specific WAR files too.

    Has anyone done this before, and if so, how?

    Under Portal 5 I tried setting someone to various roles in the appropriate admin portlets, but it never worked right; the closest I got was they could see the portlet to update, but they couldn't actually do the update itself.

  2. Re: Manage portlets without wpsadmin-level access?

    hubert.chan@thrc-crhit.org wrote:
    > We are trying to grant access to someone to install and update portlets (WAR files) onto Portal 6 using a browser, but not grant them wpsadmin-level access while doing so. Ideally, the access would be granular enough so they can only update specific WAR files too.
    >
    > Has anyone done this before, and if so, how?
    >
    > Under Portal 5 I tried setting someone to various roles in the appropriate admin portlets, but it never worked right; the closest I got was they could see the portlet to update, but they couldn't actually do the update itself.

    The table on this page defines the necessary acls
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...cc_rights.html

    You can try to modify the Portlet Applications virtual resource but that
    won't allow fine grained control

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...resources.html

+ Reply to Thread