We have a couple of non-portal sites on our intranet that for various reasons will not be 'portalized'. However, we would like these sites to be able to leverage the portal search engine for their search facility.

Ideally we would let a user enter a search phrase in an input box on an html page, pressing submit on that page would submit the search query to the PSE and the results would be displayed on a portal page using the search and browse portlet.

Would appreciate and any suggestions on how we may accomplish this.