uniquename generated everytime I install WAR file insideinstalledApps - Websphere

This is a discussion on uniquename generated everytime I install WAR file insideinstalledApps - Websphere ; Whenever i install WAR file on WPS 6.0 server (using IBM Portlet Factory 6.0 to create WAR file) , it creates "WebAppRunn_pplication_PA_j40x5aa.ear" inside installedApps directory on wps_root. "WebAppRunn_pplication_PA_" remains same everytime , "j40x5aa" gets changed everytime i install WAR file. ...

  1. uniquename generated everytime I install WAR file insideinstalledApps

    Whenever i install WAR file on WPS 6.0 server (using IBM Portlet Factory 6.0 to create WAR file) , it creates "WebAppRunn_pplication_PA_j40x5aa.ear" inside installedApps directory on wps_root. "WebAppRunn_pplication_PA_" remains same everytime , "j40x5aa" gets changed everytime i install WAR file.

    How can i make uniquename generated after "WebAppRunn_pplication_PA_" , i.e. "j40x5aa" stable ?

    I need to know this uniquename before i install war file as i need to refer this name in url being used in schemas.

    From which file it comes?

    Any help?

  2. Re: uniquename generated everytime I install WAR file insideinstalledApps

    Hi,

    unique number is created by WPS server. But you can install EAR (by adding war file) thru WAS admin console followed by executing xml access script. In this case directory (EAR) name does not contains any unique numbers.

    you can read more info at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../admxmlai.html

    Thanks & Regards,
    Bala

  3. Re: uniquename generated everytime I install WAR file insideinstalledApps

    Thankyou very much for your post.

    So , isn't it possible to customize EAR file name , i mean , is there any properties/xml file from where it reads if I want to customize this name?

    Without knowing this name , how can I access schemas on portal server kept inside project thru URL?

    -Reetika

  4. Re: uniquename generated everytime I install WAR file insideinstalledApps

    Reetika,

    Why you are worrying about ear file name? you can follow rule based on context path. for example your app name is testApp the url is http://host:9081/testApp followed by folder name if any.

    If you are deploying war file name of testApp will be change during deployment. I believe I am expressing correctly according to your need. Let me know if you need further help

    Thanks & Regards,
    Bala

  5. Re: uniquename generated everytime I install WAR file insideinstalledApps

    Thanks for your post Bala.

    Let me explain my problem :

    I have one base schema. And importing it in rest all schemas using statement :

    Specifying URL like the way I mentioned above helps me in importing schemas on portal server.

    "PA_lkklkdfd" being used here is the name of EAR file installed by WAR file. Earlier ,when i was working on WSE(Workplace Service Express) 2.6 , I used to deploy my WAR file using xmlaccess script. Running same xmlaccess to deploy always used to create same uniquename for EAR file(i.e. PA_lkklkdfd).
    But now , since i have started using WPS 6.0 , it doesn't generate same uniquename.

    That's why , i need to know EAR file name in advance before installation as this schema is part of my war file.

  6. Re: uniquename generated everytime I install WAR file insideinstalledApps

    Reetika,

    I am not sure about your xml schema and others, but I can say instead of any suffix you can make static project context root like this (projName)

    Thanks & Regards,
    Bala

+ Reply to Thread