Search and Browse : no index error (change to index location) - Websphere

This is a discussion on Search and Browse : no index error (change to index location) - Websphere ; Hi!I try to use Search and Browse portlet on WebSphere Portal 5.1, but there is always an error "No Index Error (change to index location)" and nothing can't be searched.I specify the fully qualified path but still not working...Do I ...

  1. Search and Browse : no index error (change to index location)

    Hi!I try to use Search and Browse portlet on WebSphere Portal 5.1, but there is always an error "No Index Error (change to index location)" and nothing can't be searched.I specify the fully qualified path but still not working...Do I miss something ? Could anybody help me out ? Thanks a lot!

  2. Re: Search and Browse : no index error (change to index location)

    Hi,

    I had the same problem and could solve it with this:

    Add the group you want to give access to the virtual resource
    PSE_SOURCE, i.e. in detail do the following:

    1. Goto as Portal Admin to Access -> User and Group Permissions
    2. Select 'User Groups' and here the edit button for 'All
    Authenticated Portal Users' (or whatever group you want to give access
    to the Search and Browse Portlet).
    3. Select 'Virtual Resources' and edit the access rights for
    'PSE_SOURCE', i.e. click the checkmark for 'Explicitly Assigned' for
    the User role.

    Save your changes.

    HTH
    tschuess
    Thomas

    On Dec 5 2006, 8:27 pm, wrote:
    > Hi!I try to use Search and Browse portlet on WebSphere Portal 5.1, but there is always anerror"NoIndexError(change toindexlocation)" and nothing can't be searched.I specify the fully qualified path but still not working...Do I miss something ? Could anybody help me out ? Thanks a lot!

+ Reply to Thread