hide portal pages - Websphere

This is a discussion on hide portal pages - Websphere ; hi, Reg: hide portal pages based on user I had three types of users for my portal, say A,B,C. I have to provide a single login page. Based upon which user has logged in, i have to show only specific ...

  1. hide portal pages

    hi,

    Reg: hide portal pages based on user

    I had three types of users for my portal, say A,B,C. I have to
    provide a single login page. Based upon which user has logged in, i
    have to show only specific portal pages to that user. The rest of the
    pages should be hidden for that user. If user type A had logged in only
    those pages A is permitted to see should be visible and not the other
    pages. Like wise for other users too.

    i am using RAD V6 and websphere portal V5.0 Test environment. Kindly
    provide me solution for this.
    thanks,
    bala

  2. Re: hide portal pages

    This is all point and click through the Portal Administration screens
    (you won't have to use RAD). In Portal Administration, click Manage
    Pages, and locate the page you want to hide.

    Click the Key icon next to the page name to set page permissions. This
    is where it gets really confusing. You'll probably want to deselect
    the Inheritance checkbox on the User line. This prevents the settings
    from the page above it from overwriting your settings.

    After that, click the Edit Role button. On that page click the Add
    button to add groups (your users are in groups right?) to that role.
    Click Ok, Apply, Done, etc. to save everything.

    bala wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > Reg: hide portal pages based on user
    >
    > I had three types of users for my portal, say A,B,C. I have to
    > provide a single login page. Based upon which user has logged in, i
    > have to show only specific portal pages to that user. The rest of the
    > pages should be hidden for that user. If user type A had logged in only
    > those pages A is permitted to see should be visible and not the other
    > pages. Like wise for other users too.
    >
    > i am using RAD V6 and websphere portal V5.0 Test environment. Kindly
    > provide me solution for this.
    > thanks,
    > bala

+ Reply to Thread