Re: Problems with custom Config mode in JSR168 Portlet WPS - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: Problems with custom Config mode in JSR168 Portlet WPS - Websphere ; I'm running into the same issue with an JSR 168 type portlet. I'm saving the PortletPreferences but than after a few minutes they just vanish altogether. The code in the processAction method is as follows: PortletPreferences prefs = request.getPreferences(); prefs.setValue("myKey", ...

  1. Re: Problems with custom Config mode in JSR168 Portlet WPS

    I'm running into the same issue with an JSR 168 type portlet. I'm saving the PortletPreferences but than after a few minutes they just vanish altogether. The code in the processAction method is as follows:

    PortletPreferences prefs = request.getPreferences();
    prefs.setValue("myKey", "myValue");

    I have an entry in the portlet.xml for this key as such:

    myKey

    false

  2. Re: Problems with custom Config mode in JSR168 Portlet WPS

    This has been identified as an issue with 5.1.0.3 and a fix is available in the POST 5.1.0.3 Recommended Fix List. The specific fix to address this problem is PK26497. I'd also recommend installing PK22920 as it also deals with PortletPreferences in 5.1.0.3 and is listed as a Recommended Fix.

    Also, in the code snippet you listed, don't forget to call the prefs.store() method to persist the values.

    Darren Mills

+ Reply to Thread