Pagination and Workflow Items - Websphere

This is a discussion on Pagination and Workflow Items - Websphere ; Hello all, I want to provide my users the ability to page through workflow items using the API. Essentially, if I have 500 work items, I want to chunk it in a page size (say 50) and then return the ...

  1. Pagination and Workflow Items

    Hello all,

    I want to provide my users the ability to page through workflow items using the API. Essentially, if I have 500 work items, I want to chunk it in a page size (say 50) and then return the first page to the user with 9 other pages still unretrieved. If they want to see the second page, then and only then do we retrieve the next 50 items.

    The only other post I saw relating to this was here:

    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...=page#13785606

    and it appears like kalapat ended up going directly to the database. Is this my only option? Thanks.

  2. Re: Pagination and Workflow Items

    Hi,

    bottom line: it can only be done at the client side.
    I.e. retrieve all workitems and provide them in chunks on the client side.
    Rethink the approach that users always need to have access to hundreds of
    workitems. Use threshold and filters.
    There are smarter solutions (e.g. transfer from a group userID).

    Volker Hoss
    IBM WebShere MQ Workflow Development

+ Reply to Thread