MQWF hangs - Websphere

This is a discussion on MQWF hangs - Websphere ; Hi I have MQWF 3.6 running on AIX 5.3 ML4, DB2 UDB 8.1.1.88 FP9 I've an applicaiton that communicates with MQWF Every couple of days, we get into a situation where it takes a long time for users to retrieve ...

  1. MQWF hangs

    Hi
    I have MQWF 3.6 running on AIX 5.3 ML4, DB2 UDB 8.1.1.88 FP9
    I've an applicaiton that communicates with MQWF

    Every couple of days, we get into a situation where it takes a long time for users to retrieve their tasks from the queue. So, we try to connect to MQWF through the client, but it takes a long time. The solution would be to stop the queue manager and restart it, or in worse cases to stop DB2 and start it.

    I'm noticing the following errors repeatedaly in our MQWF error log
    So, can some one help me in knowing what is causing the above mentioned problem? And how to overcome it?

    Report creation = 07/25/06 09:46:58
    Related message = FMC31050E An error has occurred which has terminated processing.

    Error location = File=/projects/fmc/drv2/lbld/v360/aix/objopt/db2cs/fmcdbac1/fmcdbses.cxx, Line=20
    35, Function=FmcDatabase::Session::selpresent(const FmcString &, const long *, FMC_SESSION &) const
    Error data = FmcSQLException, Sqlcode=-811, Sqlerrmc=, Sqlerrp=SQLRITFT, Sqlerrd[0]=-214630389
    1, Sqlerrd[1]=0, Sqlerrd[2]=0, Sqlerrd[3]=0, Sqlerrd[4]=0, Sqlerrd[5]=0, Sqlwarn= , Sqlst
    ate=21000

    WebSphere MQ Workflow 3.6 Error Report
    Report creation = 07/25/06 10:24:04
    Related message = FMC31050E An error has occurred which has terminated processing.
    Error location = File=/projects/fmc/drv2/lbld/v360/aix/src/fmccdifs.cxx, Line=4499, Function=FmcFm
    lsDevice::GetFromQueue(ImqQue *&, FmcInMsg &)
    Error data = FmcFMLException, MQReturnCode=2, MQReasonCode=2162, MQObjectName=FMC.FMCGRP.FMCSYS.EXE, severe error

    WebSphere MQ Workflow 3.6 Error Report
    Report creation = 07/25/06 10:24:04
    Related message = FMC31050E An error has occurred which has terminated processing.
    Error location = File=/projects/fmc/drv2/lbld/v360/aix/src/fmccdvmq.cxx, Line=1411, Function=FmcMQ
    Device::Get(FmcDeviceCtxRef &, char **, long *, unsigned long, FmcDeviceControler &)

    WebSphere MQ Workflow 3.6 Error Report

    Report creation = 07/25/06 10:24:04
    Related message = FMC31050E An error has occurred which has terminated processing.

    Error location = File=/projects/fmc/drv2/lbld/v360/aix/src/fmckdbg.cxx, Line=199, Function=fmckAss
    ert(const char *, const char *, unsigned int)
    Error data = FmcAssertionException, Condition=*** Assertion failed in /projects/fmc/drv2/lbld/
    v360/aix/src/fmcscbrg.cxx(101): false

    WebSphere MQ Workflow 3.6 Error Report
    Report creation = 07/26/06 00:10:49
    Related message = FMC31050E An error has occurred which has terminated processing.

    Error location = File=/projects/fmc/drv2/lbld/v360/aix/src/fmccdifs.cxx, Line=4499, Function=FmcFm
    lsDevice::GetFromQueue(ImqQue *&, FmcInMsg &)
    Error data = FmcFMLException, MQReturnCode=2, MQReasonCode=2161, MQObjectName=FMC.FMCGRP.FMCSY
    S.ADM, severe error

    WebSphere MQ Workflow 3.6 Error Report
    Report creation = 07/26/06 00:10:49
    Related message = FMC31050E An error has occurred which has terminated processing.

  2. Re: MQWF hangs

    Hi,

    the MQ errors that you are seeing result from stopping the queue manager
    while MQWF is still running.
    Always make sure that you first stop MQWF via the admin utility before you
    stop the queue manager.
    The real problem on your system is the Sqlcode=-811.
    I suggest that you
    - apply the latest ServicePac (SP 3) for MQWF 3.6
    - open a PMR and contact our support team if this does not help.

    Your database content might be inconsistent.

    Volker Hoss
    IBM WebSphere MQ Workflow Development

  3. Re: MQWF hangs

    Many Thanks Hos
    The reason why I sometimes stop Queue manager while MQWF is still running is that MQWF refuses to stop!! It takes a long time, and I get a message about time out.

    I'll apply the fix pack and check if this problem keeps showing up.

    Just to clarify, the fix pack might fix the DB inconsistency? and How can I check if there's inconsistenacy in my data?

    Many thanks again

  4. Re: MQWF hangs

    Well,

    if you really have a database inconsistency the ServicePac will not fix
    it.
    But it might fix the reason for it.
    Just check for the SQL error after you have applied the ServicePac.
    If it still occurs, contact our Support Team.

    Volker Hoss
    IBM WebSphere MQ Workflow Development

  5. Re: MQWF hangs

    Many thanks Hoss
    Once I installed SP2, all error messages disappeared

    Yousef Jamous

+ Reply to Thread