Is there a way to retrieve several work items using only their object identification(oid)? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Is there a way to retrieve several work items using only their object identification(oid)? - Websphere ; I have several object identifications of work items which I want to retrieve.It seems that the only way to do it is using the persistentWorkItem method,each time with different work item's oid and then using the refresh method on each ...

  1. Is there a way to retrieve several work items using only their object identification(oid)?

    I have several object identifications of work items which I want to retrieve.It seems that the only way to do it is using the persistentWorkItem method,each time with different work item's oid and then using the refresh method on each WorkItem object.Is there a way to retrieve all the work items objects in one action call?

  2. Re: Is there a way to retrieve several work items using only their objectidentification(oid)?

    Hi,

    you mean a workitem query based on OIDs?
    Sorry, but there is no other way than getting each single workitem via the
    Persistent...() API.

    Volker Hoss
    IBM WebSphere MQ Workflow Development

  3. Re: Is there a way to retrieve several work items using only their object<br> identification(oid)?

    Hi Volker,
    Is there a way to improve performance when using the refresh method on WorkItem(may be modifications in the workflow runtime database)?

  4. Re: Is there a way to retrieve several work items using only their object<br> identification(oid)?

    Hi,

    there is always a possibility of improving the performance WITHOUT HACKING
    THE DATABASE:
    - use the regular DB2 analysis and tuning options to find out and resolve
    bottlenecks
    - use filter and threshold to reduce the amount of workitems
    - consider a cache of retrieved workitems
    - check your program logic whether you need a refresh() at all. Action
    calls can be performed on the OID
    - ...

    The assumption that there is a kind of 'switch' that boosts the
    performance of the database is wrong.
    Tuning is long and hard work.

    Volker Hoss
    IBM WebSphere MQ Workflow Development