Message Broker configuration - Websphere

This is a discussion on Message Broker configuration - Websphere ; Can any exactly figure out the role of configuration manager in the message broker architecture?...

  1. Message Broker configuration

    Can any exactly figure out the role of configuration manager in the message broker architecture?

  2. Re: Message Broker configuration

    todeardesh@gmail.com wrote:
    > Can any exactly figure out the role of configuration manager
    > in the message broker architecture?

    Exactly what is the question?

    It seems to be covered quite clearly in the InfoCenter
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...c/ae00290_.htm

    Andy
    --
    http://andypiper.wordpress.com/

  3. Re: Message Broker configuration

    While I agree with Andy's response here is a short description that may
    help.

    In Message Broker V5 and V6 the Configuration Manager has a fairly
    limited role. It provides/performs the following functions:

    1) It is used to define something called the Message Broker Domain. A
    Domain is a particular Configuration Manager and the associated set of
    Brokers that it administers.
    2) The Configuration Manager is where all administrative requests for
    the Domain get forwarded to. It will then process those request and
    forward them on to the target Broker. You can view it as the
    Configuration Manager sitting between any requestor of administrative
    services and the Brokers.
    3) The most common administrative request is a Deploy....a request to
    move some artifact or set of artifacts from the buildtime environment to
    the runtime environment.

    It is important to note that the Configuration manager is not involved
    at all in the actual execution of a message flow out in the Broker.
    From this standpoint the Configuration Manager and the runtime are
    totally independent environments.

    todeardesh@gmail.com wrote:

    >Can any exactly figure out the role of configuration manager in the message broker architecture?

  4. Re: Message Broker configuration

    Thank You Andy, the link you gave had provided good information.Thank you bob for your valuable time. I have read in the one of the document that we can have many number of brokers inside a broker domain. But I can't understand how it is possible because, if we need to have a Queuemanager assigned to a broker then we need a connection which will be held by the configuration manager and we cannot have more than one connection to a configuration manager.

  5. Re: Message Broker configuration

    todeardesh@gmail.com wrote:

    > we cannot have more than one connection to a configuration manager.

    That's a misunderstanding. Why do you think you're limited to one
    connection to a config manager? Any number of clients (toolkit or Config
    Manager Proxy applications) can connect to config manager, which can in
    turn administer any number of brokers.

    --
    Steve Toledo-Brown
    Speaking for myself only.

  6. Re: Message Broker configuration

    Andy,

    Yes, you can have more than one Broker in a Domain.

    A Configuration Manager runs on a queue manager. Each Broker in the
    Domain runs on a queue manager. A pair of WebSphereMQ sender/receiver
    channels is defined between the Configuration Manager and each Broker in
    the Domain.

    todeardesh@gmail.com wrote:

    >Thank You Andy, the link you gave had provided good information.Thank you bob for your valuable time. I have read in the one of the document that we can have many number of brokers inside a broker domain. But I can't understand how it is possible because, if we need to have a Queuemanager assigned to a broker then we need a connection which will be held by the configuration manager and we cannot have more than one connection to a configuration manager.

+ Reply to Thread