Importing Cobol copy book does not work - Websphere

This is a discussion on Importing Cobol copy book does not work - Websphere ; Hello, When I import the below Cobol copy book it does not work, the are no elements found by the Toolkit. The Toolkit version is 6.0.0.2 000100 01 DEMO. 000200 03 TELLER PIC S999 USAGE COMP-3. 000300 03 NAW OCCURS ...

  1. Importing Cobol copy book does not work

    Hello,

    When I import the below Cobol copy book it does not work, the are no
    elements found by the Toolkit. The Toolkit version is 6.0.0.2

    000100 01 DEMO.
    000200 03 TELLER PIC S999 USAGE COMP-3.
    000300 03 NAW OCCURS 1 TO 99 TIMES DEPENDING ON TELLER.
    000400 05 IDX PIC S999 USAGE COMP-3.
    000500 05 NAAM PIC X(20).
    000600 05 ADRES PIC X(20).
    000700 05 WOONPLAATS PIC X(20).
    000800 03 SALARIS OCCURS 1 TO 99 TIMES DEPENDING ON TELLER.
    000900 05 IDX PIC S999 USAGE COMP-3.
    001000 05 POEN PIC S9(7)V9(2).

    The log is:

    Importing file: C:\workspace\Rommelbak\demo-input.cpy

    Import options for COBOL:
    EXTENSION_COB=FP
    EXTENSION_CBL=FP
    PLATFORM_SELECTION=0
    EXTENSION_CCP=FP
    CODEPAGE=ISO8859_1
    NUMPROC=PFD
    EXT_DECIMAL_SIGN=ASCII
    FLOATING_POINT_FORMAT=0
    QUOTE=DOUBLE
    NSYMBOL=NATIONAL
    ENDIAN=Little
    TRUNC=STD
    REMOTE_ENDIAN=Little
    EXTENSION_CPY=DS
    SCHEMA_TARGET_NAMESPACE_URI=null
    CREATE_DEFAULT_VALUES_FROM_INITIAL_VALUES=false
    CREATE_FACETS_FROM_LEVEL_88_VALUE_CLAUSES=false
    CREATE_NULL_VALUES_FOR_FIELDS=false
    NULL_CHARACTER=SPACE
    STRING_PADDING_CHARACTER=SPACE

    Setting Padding Character for elements of type String "SPACE"

    Elapsed time processing this message definition file: 0.593 seconds
    Number of warnings for this message definition file: 0

    Number of files processed: 1

    Kind Regards, Herbert

  2. Re: Importing Cobol copy book does not work

    I get the same result. Have you tried compiling this file with a standard COBOL compiler?

  3. Re: Importing Cobol copy book does not work

    kimbert@uk.ibm.com wrote:

    > I get the same result. Have you tried compiling this file with a standard COBOL compiler?

    I have solved it by adding a linefeed to the last line in this file.

    hgj

+ Reply to Thread