Enqueue messages - Websphere

This is a discussion on Enqueue messages - Websphere ; Has anyone managed enqueue message with .enqueue file. It seems I do everything in right order .. queue manager name .. host .. port .. queue name all is right, operative, active, and awaiting messages, BUT: everytime i try to ...

  1. Enqueue messages

    Has anyone managed enqueue message with .enqueue file.

    It seems I do everything in right order
    .. queue manager name
    .. host
    .. port
    .. queue name
    all is right, operative, active, and awaiting messages, BUT:

    everytime i try to do so, it is pop-up error about:
    MQJE001: An MQException occurred: Completion Code 2, Reason 2195
    MQJE020: CCSID not supported by queue manager

    Moreover, what ever Queue Manager' name, queue name i use, the same error occurs.

    What seems to be the problem ?

    What is more, attemps to put messages via such ways : WebSphere MQ Explorer (Put Test Message option) or command console, are successful.

  2. Re: Enqueue messages

    Yes, I use the enqueue facility all the time with no problem. Is the queue
    a local queue or remote queue definition? I seem to recall that there was a
    problem with remote queue usage at one point (strange). If all else fails,
    you might want to run an MQ trace to see exactly what parms are being used.

  3. Re: Enqueue messages

    its all locally... and i use default configuration ...

    how can i manage that trace, can u describe it, please?

  4. Re: Enqueue messages

    Tracing can vary by platform. Not sure if you're on Linux. On Windoze, you
    can start the trace with the STRMQTRC.EXE command. Then reproduce your
    problem from the Toolkit, and then stop your trace with ENDMQTRC.EXE. The
    trace file will normally be created in the \errors subdirectory, and
    you'll probably find numerous AMQ*.TRC files. Each trace file lists the
    process that was traced in the first few lines; you'll need to find the one
    that corresponds to the Eclipse Toolkit process (sorry... don't recall the
    name). It should be fairly obvious.... most of the AMQ*.TRC files will
    correspond to internal MQ tasks (eg. amqxxx.exe). The trace data is fairly
    obvious to interpret, and you'll probably find your 2195 code somewhere
    towards the bottom. Check out the parameters being passed, and the exact
    API call, and hopefully this will help you identify the error.

+ Reply to Thread