Hi,

I'm unable to start the message broker, when i try i get the following error:

AMQ8041: The queue manager cannot be restarted or deleted because processes,
that were previously connected, are still running.

(see TEST1 below for more error messages)

I have tried stopping all processes using MQ. I also tried cleaning out
shared memory and semaphores.

Does anyone have any hints for me?

I first noticed this after deploying at the same time as I detached the
debugger. Due to strange behavior i then decided to restart agent and broker,
and the problem appeared.

I'm running:
AIX: 5.3.0.0
MQ: 6.0.1
MB: 6.0.0.1

(I know MB 6.0.0.2 are available, but thought that i should solve this issue
before installing that patch, to limit the possible error sources)

I have been thinking that it either could have to do with user rights for the
broker user (wbimb) on mq OR
the message: "5 log records accessed on queue manager 'TESTQM' during the log replay phase."
which i do not remember having seen before.

In TEST2 and TEST3 I try using the broker user to start the queue manager and the
broker, without succeeding.

*** TEST1 ***

USER: mqm

# strmqm TESTQM
WebSphere MQ queue manager 'TESTQM' starting.
5 log records accessed on queue manager 'TESTQM' during the log replay phase.
Log replay for queue manager 'TESTQM' complete.
Transaction manager state recovered for queue manager 'TESTQM'.
WebSphere MQ queue manager 'TESTQM' started.

USER: wbimb

# mqsistart TESTBRK
AMQ8041: The queue manager cannot be restarted or deleted because processes,
that were previously connected, are still running.
AMQ7018: The queue manager operation cannot be completed.
BIP8048E: Unable to start WebSphere MQ Queue Manager 'TESTQM'.
This command attempts to start a WebSphere MQ Queue Manager. The Queue Manager could not be started.
Check your system log for failure information. Ensure that the user name used to issue this command has the required permissions to start the WebSphere MQ Queue Manager. Check that you have an appropriate installation of WebSphere MQ to support a &productprefix. &productname. component. Please see the "Diagnosing errors" section in the Information Center for more information.

*** TEST2 ***

USER: wbimb

# strmqm TESTQM
WebSphere MQ queue manager 'TESTQM' starting.
WebSphere MQ was unable to display an error message 893.

*** TEST3 ***

USER: wbimb

# mqsistart TESTBRK