Storing a message's XML into an XML element as text - Websphere

This is a discussion on Storing a message's XML into an XML element as text - Websphere ; For error reporting, I need to store the input message into another XML element. Bascially, this requires me to convert the whole InputRoot.XML element into a text string (including) tags, etc.) and assign it to another element so that it ...

  1. Storing a message's XML into an XML element as text

    For error reporting, I need to store the input message into another XML element. Bascially, this requires me to convert the whole InputRoot.XML element into a text string (including) tags, etc.) and assign it to another element so that it is not picked up as an XML construct, but simply as a literal text string (I want to include it in the body of an e-mail message). Example of desired result follows (<> are replaced by [] as this forum actual converts the XML in this message, and therefore omits important parts of the message text:

    [Message]
    [Subject]Error Message[/Subject]
    [Body]
    [Line]'[TestMessage][Level1]Some text[/Level1][TestMessage]'[/Line]
    [/Body]
    [/Message]

    Where the InputRoot.XML contains the [TestMessage], and the OutputRoot.XML.Message.Body.Line contains that InputRoot.XML as a delimited string (delimited by single quotes ("'")).

    Any input appreciated!

    Thanks,

    Jeff

  2. Re: Storing a message's XML into an XML element as text

    Use ASBITSTREAM to serialze the input body and assign it to an element in the output tree

+ Reply to Thread