REDEFINES for BLOB to MRM conversion - Websphere

This is a discussion on REDEFINES for BLOB to MRM conversion - Websphere ; Hi Guys, I am converting the incoming BLOB into MRM(CWF) format. I have a REDEFINES clause in my copybook like this. 05 String PIC X(10). 05 String1 REDEFINES String. 10 SubString11 PIC X(5). 10 SubString12 PIC X(5). 05 String2 REDEFINES ...

  1. REDEFINES for BLOB to MRM conversion

    Hi Guys,
    I am converting the incoming BLOB into MRM(CWF) format. I have a REDEFINES clause in my copybook like this.

    05 String PIC X(10).
    05 String1 REDEFINES String.
    10 SubString11 PIC X(5).
    10 SubString12 PIC X(5).
    05 String2 REDEFINES String.
    10 SubString2 PIC X(10).

    When I imported tyhis COBOL Copybook into my message set, it created one choice element for these three fields(String, String1, String2).

    I have incoming BLOB as input and I am parsing this to the above copybook message definition. The problem now is how to handle the choice element sothat it should choose the correct choice. How do I ESQL this procedure? Please someone point me in the right direction.

    Thanks,
    Sania.

  2. Re: REDEFINES for BLOB to MRM conversion

    You need to have some way of knowing which of the choices is in a particular message. The MRM can't tell so it defers parsing the fields until you access it with ESQL using one of the choices. But once you access using one choice you cannot change to another

+ Reply to Thread