V6 announced - Websphere

This is a discussion on V6 announced - Websphere ; WBIMB V6 announced : Here are the links: distributed platforms: http://www.ibm.com/common/ssi/fcgi-b...97/ENUS205-206 z/OS: http://www.ibm.com/common/ssi/fcgi-b...97/ENUS205-208...

  1. V6 announced

    WBIMB V6 announced :

    Here are the links:

    distributed platforms:
    http://www.ibm.com/common/ssi/fcgi-b...97/ENUS205-206

    z/OS:
    http://www.ibm.com/common/ssi/fcgi-b...97/ENUS205-208

  2. Re: V6 announced

    Follow onto that announcement - Our IBM WebSphere Message Broker team have
    put together some quite impressive enhancements to the product which I am
    happy to share with you.

    A summary of significant changes that caught my eye include:

    - 35-50% throughput increase over MBv5 without having to change your flows -
    there's more horsepower under the hood
    - Java compute node - for those people who don't like esql
    - configuration manager available on ALL platforms - it means there's no
    need to have a windows box in production anymore
    - tooling is now at eclipse v3 and available on linux/intel
    - for those migrating - can run broker versions in parrallel as well as the
    ability partially migrate components as needed. Note that 2.1 is EOL in
    Sept. 2006.
    - JMS input nodes
    - timer nodes as well as MQ get node (different than MQ input)
    - ability to start/stop flows from the command line
    - mapping node now uses xpath which means it's alot easier to use (i've
    gotten away with little esql before now I don't think I need it at all)
    - true web-services support - for those who've done web-services before
    would know what I mean

    HTH,

    Arnold

    "Shravan" wrote in message