cniPropagate length - Websphere

This is a discussion on cniPropagate length - Websphere ; Is there a limit on the length of the message propagated by "cniPropagate". I am using the following code: cniFinalize(&rc, pOutMessage, 0); cniPropagate(&rc, m_pOutputTerminal, pDestList, pExcepList, pOutMessage); If the message is about 7 MB, the data fails to propagate to ...

  1. cniPropagate length

    Is there a limit on the length of the message propagated by "cniPropagate".

    I am using the following code:

    cniFinalize(&rc, pOutMessage, 0);
    cniPropagate(&rc, m_pOutputTerminal, pDestList, pExcepList, pOutMessage);

    If the message is about 7 MB, the data fails to propagate to the output node. However, it works fine with small data.

  2. Re: cniPropagate length

    The return code from cniPropagate is 64

  3. Re: cniPropagate length

    The 64 from cniPropagate is a CCI_EXCEPTION error. As per the programing
    guide, if CCI_EXCEPTION is returned then cciGetLastException should be
    called if further diagnostic information is required and then
    cciRethrowLastException should be called to pass the error back to the
    message broker. Did you try this?

    If you look at the sample plug-in code (BipSampPluginNode) the header
    file shows a macro that is used after each cni api call to test the
    return code. It shows that if CCI_Exception (64) is returned then it
    should be rethrown. The sample does not itself check what the real
    error was.
    ..
    Hopefully if you check the exception (by cciGetLastException) and
    display the information (cciLog) it may help with your problem
    determination. As far as am aware, 7MB message shouldn't be a problem.

    monika_ral@yahoo.com wrote:
    > The return code from cniPropagate is 64

  4. Re: cniPropagate length

    I have added the code to catch the exception:

    if (rc == CCI_EXCEPTION)
    {
    int e;

    CCI_EXCEPTION_ST ex = {CCI_EXCEPTION_ST_DEFAULT};

    cciGetLastExceptionData(&e, &ex);
    LOG(0, "Exception thrown in %s - %s (%s %d)",ex.functionName, ex.traceText, ex.fileName, ex.lineNumber);

    cciRethrowLastException(0);
    }

    When running the plug-in again, I get the following error:

    "Exception thrown in ImbMqOutputNode::evaluate - Caught exception and rethrowing (F:\build\S000_P\src\DataFlowEngine\ImbMqOutputNod e.cpp 750)"

    NOTE: I am using WBI Message Broker V5

+ Reply to Thread