long updating times - Websphere

This is a discussion on long updating times - Websphere ; during a load from repository function, or when rebuilding a project, the dialog box says 'updating..." for a very long time. I have a thinkpad T40, with a gig of ram, so my machine should have enough power. Other developers ...

  1. long updating times

    during a load from repository function, or when rebuilding a project, the dialog box says 'updating..." for a very long time. I have a thinkpad T40, with a gig of ram, so my machine should have enough power. Other developers in my group are having similar problems. Any idea why it takes so long to update? To give you an idea, a single message flow project, with about 20 flows in it, can, sometimes, take 15 minutes to rebuild.

  2. Re: long updating times

    Hey Brian - I had a similar issue with mapping nodes taking forever to save
    or save to repository - found that if you click on windows/preferences/esql
    and mapping/validation and choose all to be ignore it worked in a reasonable
    time (10 secs vs. 10 minutes)...

    hope this helps....
    wrote in message
    news:1553520638.1122460241243.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas007.sby.ibm.com...
    > during a load from repository function, or when rebuilding a project, the

    dialog box says 'updating..." for a very long time. I have a thinkpad T40,
    with a gig of ram, so my machine should have enough power. Other developers
    in my group are having similar problems. Any idea why it takes so long to
    update? To give you an idea, a single message flow project, with about 20
    flows in it, can, sometimes, take 15 minutes to rebuild.

  3. Re: long updating times

    I believe this will be resolved in the next code release (i.e. WMB 6)
    "Arnold Shoon" wrote in message
    > Hey Brian - I had a similar issue with mapping nodes taking forever to

    save
    > or save to repository - found that if you click on

    windows/preferences/esql
    > and mapping/validation and choose all to be ignore it worked in a

    reasonable
    > time (10 secs vs. 10 minutes)...
    >
    > hope this helps....
    > wrote in message
    > news:1553520638.1122460241243.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas007.sby.ibm.com...
    > > during a load from repository function, or when rebuilding a project,

    the
    > dialog box says 'updating..." for a very long time. I have a thinkpad

    T40,
    > with a gig of ram, so my machine should have enough power. Other

    developers
    > in my group are having similar problems. Any idea why it takes so long to
    > update? To give you an idea, a single message flow project, with about 20
    > flows in it, can, sometimes, take 15 minutes to rebuild.

+ Reply to Thread