CCSID & Encoding - Websphere

This is a discussion on CCSID & Encoding - Websphere ; Hi Iam using WMB5.0. with CICS bridge. My broker is on Windows. I have a flow for XML-cobol & back cobol-XML. I set( in compute-esql) CCSID-500 & Encoding-785 for sending & Now wht should be my CCSID & Encoding while ...

  1. CCSID & Encoding

    Hi Iam using WMB5.0. with CICS bridge. My broker is on Windows. I have a flow for XML-cobol & back cobol-XML. I set( in compute-esql) CCSID-500 & Encoding-785 for sending & Now wht should be my CCSID & Encoding while return(ie., for cobol-XML) I have a text & numeric field in the cobol.

    Thanks in Advance

  2. Re: CCSID & Encoding

    Hi - you don't say where the XML is going to be used. If the cobol is
    coming from CICS, then I guess that it is in codepage 500, but are you
    asking what it should be changed to? Would this be the codepage that
    your broker queue manager is runing under?
    We have done some work in this area (not with the CICS bridge, but
    directly from ZOS queue manager)
    You can email me if you want to discuss more, I would be interested to
    know what you are doing.
    heide.goody@tnt.com

    amitangi2005@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi Iam using WMB5.0. with CICS bridge. My broker is on Windows. I have a flow for XML-cobol & back cobol-XML. I set( in compute-esql) CCSID-500 & Encoding-785 for sending & Now wht should be my CCSID & Encoding while return(ie., for cobol-XML) I have a text & numeric field in the cobol.
    >
    > Thanks in Advance

+ Reply to Thread