Broker on AIX 5.3 / Config Mgr on Windows 2k - Websphere

This is a discussion on Broker on AIX 5.3 / Config Mgr on Windows 2k - Websphere ; I want to implement this configuration. Do you have some advice, way to configure channel, access to db......

  1. Broker on AIX 5.3 / Config Mgr on Windows 2k

    I want to implement this configuration. Do you have some advice, way to configure channel, access to db...

  2. Re: Broker on AIX 5.3 / Config Mgr on Windows 2k

    Brin - check the info. center for the atypical installation docs...

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...c/ae03240_.htm

    Good luck but you won't need it as it's very simple.

    "brin_seb" wrote in message
    news:943222049.1120024988354.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsg was007.sby.ibm.com...
    > I want to implement this configuration. Do you have some advice, way to

    configure channel, access to db...

  3. Re: Broker on AIX 5.3 / Config Mgr on Windows 2k / db2 on AIX 5.1

    I've done a try (proof of concept) with a config Broker on W2K A (db2server on the system) and brokers on W2K B (db2server on the system) and that's really easy to deploy.
    But now, I 've a question : I want to do the same with this config :
    -> Broker on AIX 5.3
    -> Config Mgr on Windows 2k
    -> db2server on AIX 5.1
    To do brokers, no problem.
    When I want to create my Config Mgr, how to explain that my db is on another system (that's a jdbc connection). What is the parameter or option to configure.
    Seb

  4. Re: Broker on AIX 5.3 / Config Mgr on Windows 2k / db2 on AIX 5.1

    if you want your db2 instance for the config manager to reside on aix then I
    believe you need to setup an ODBC connection in windows to that db2instance
    as well as install db2 connect and add that db2 instance on aix to it.

    "brin_seb" wrote in message
    news:376171803.1120213499951.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsg was007.sby.ibm.com...
    > I've done a try (proof of concept) with a config Broker on W2K A

    (db2server on the system) and brokers on W2K B (db2server on the system) and
    that's really easy to deploy.
    > But now, I 've a question : I want to do the same with this config :
    > -> Broker on AIX 5.3
    > -> Config Mgr on Windows 2k
    > -> db2server on AIX 5.1
    > To do brokers, no problem.
    > When I want to create my Config Mgr, how to explain that my db is on

    another system (that's a jdbc connection). What is the parameter or option
    to configure.
    > Seb

  5. Re: Broker on AIX 5.3 / Config Mgr on Windows 2k / db2 on AIX 5.1

    You just need to install a db2 client (with jdbc driver) and reference the db. That's enough.

  6. Broker on AIX 5.3 ML 2

    To install on AIX 5.3 ML 2, you need to install jre 1.3.1, then install wbi mb. Apply FP5 and then install jre 1.4.2.

+ Reply to Thread