We are having a J2EE(WebSphere with Oracle database) based online
transaction processing system. The application handles around 70,000
transactions in a day from varies online users.

We need to migrate our database as part of a larger mainframe based
database for which we have _only_ MQ based APIs to access from J2EE. We
will not be given JDBC access to this. So we have to convert the
existing application based on JDBC to MQ.

I would like to know whether IBM MQ with clusters would scale this type
of huge online transaction processing system or any other architecture
is suggested?