WBI-MB on Solaris - Websphere

This is a discussion on WBI-MB on Solaris - Websphere ; Hi, I got installed WBI-MB5.0 BRoker on solaris 9 and WBI-MB Toolkit on WInXP Machine. I can start Broker on solaris with Queue Manager on Solaris but while I want to connect from ToolKit(on win xp) it cannot connect and ...

  1. WBI-MB on Solaris

    Hi,
    I got installed WBI-MB5.0 BRoker on solaris 9 and WBI-MB Toolkit on WInXP Machine.
    I can start Broker on solaris with Queue Manager on Solaris
    but while I want to connect from ToolKit(on win xp) it cannot connect and show the error code 2009.

    what might be the provlem ?
    I checked that windows mq client can connect to solaris MQ Server. So it means the communication is ok. but why
    Brooker toolkit can't connect ?
    if you have got some idea it will be helpful .

    thanks
    sysalley

  2. Re: WBI-MB on Solaris

    Hi,

    where is your Configuration Manager? You cannot connect to the broker
    directly from the Toolkit. Configuration Manager runs only on windows, you
    could install and set it up for example on your XP. Then you will
    have to set up MQ channels between
    your configuration manager queue manager and your broker queue manager.

    And then you connect your Toolkit to your Configuration Manager by adding a new
    domain. Then you must add your broker to your domain.

    I suggest you download message broker manuals from IBM and take a look at
    them first. These products are not exactly plug-and-play.

    Esa

    On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 03:08:28 -0400, sysalle wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I got installed WBI-MB5.0 BRoker on solaris 9 and WBI-MB Toolkit on WInXP
    > Machine. I can start Broker on solaris with Queue Manager on Solaris but
    > while I want to connect from ToolKit(on win xp) it cannot connect and show
    > the error code 2009.
    >
    > what might be the provlem ?
    > I checked that windows mq client can connect to solaris MQ Server. So it
    > means the communication is ok. but why Brooker toolkit can't connect ?
    > if you have got some idea it will be helpful .
    >
    > thanks
    > sysalley

  3. Re: WBI-MB on Solaris

    Thanks a lot! My configuration manager is on windowsXP.
    i will try and let you know ...

+ Reply to Thread