Hi,

I am using
Message Brokers Toolkit for WebSphere Studio
Version: 5.0.4
Build id: 20040715_1621
On Windows XP Proffessional
Oracle 10g

Due to a possible issue with the Mourant driver and oracle 10g, not
allowing clobs of > 4k being written to the database I have decided to
pursue a java solution. I have written a custom Java Node to connect
to an oracle database and write the clob in this manner. However I
came accross 2 problems firstly using the following connection code

DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(
"jdbcracle:thin:@127.0.0.1:1521rcl",
"user",
"pwd");

I get an error when I run the flow (NoClassDefFoundError :
java/sql/Savepoint)

I don't understand this error, I am using the classes12.zip libraries
so DriverManager shouldn't even care about using Savepoint which is
consistent with me using Java 1.3 in the broker toolkit. No matter, I
thought I would connect using DataSource method like so:

OracleDataSource ds = new oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource();
ds.setURL("jdbcracle:thin:@127.0.0.1:1521rcl");
Connection conn = ds.getConnection("user", "pwd");

and this is where it gets weird. I can't even deploy my flow when the
jar file contains OracleDataSource. It seems to damage the java node
somehow so the broker does not recognise it as a Node and I get the
following error on deploy:

BIP2241E: LIL not found for message flow node type 'TestClobNode' in
message flow 'ClobTestFlow'.

With some investigation I have found I get this error when I include
any instantion of the class OracleDataSource and it is beginning to
annoy me.

My last resort is a java application outside the broker to insert the
Clob into the Oracle database. How messy is that!!!

If anyone can shed any light I would be grateful,

Thanks

Rob