WebSphere MQ - connection timeout, what to do if server oesn't respond in a timely fashion - Websphere

This is a discussion on WebSphere MQ - connection timeout, what to do if server oesn't respond in a timely fashion - Websphere ; I may need to rephrase from my previous post we have the following: 1 web server with COM+ object that wraps the MQ functions like GET/put and web code 1 MQ Server named "MQServer1" When we call the dll from ...

  1. WebSphere MQ - connection timeout, what to do if server oesn't respond in a timely fashion

    I may need to rephrase from my previous post we have the following:

    1 web server with COM+ object that wraps the MQ functions like GET/put and
    web code

    1 MQ Server named "MQServer1"

    When we call the dll from ASP, it connects to MQ does the put or get and
    disconnects with no issues. The question I have is, how do we not get into
    a hang state if we try and communicate with an MQServer2 which doesn't exist
    or if for some reason, network, hardware, etc that MQ is not available? Is
    there something that is part of the API that says, if you don't get a
    response from MQ in 5 seconds connection failed. We want to code this into
    our application in case the network causes issues or we can reach the MQ
    server.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    thanks,
    Anthony

  2. Re: WebSphere MQ - connection timeout, what to do if server oesn't respond in a timely fashion

    I'd expect the connect to fail immediately if it's going to fail. Did you
    try this and find a "hang" such as the one you described?

    Martin

    "Anthony J Biondo Jr." wrote in message
    >I may need to rephrase from my previous post we have the following:
    >
    > 1 web server with COM+ object that wraps the MQ functions like GET/put and
    > web code
    >
    > 1 MQ Server named "MQServer1"
    >
    > When we call the dll from ASP, it connects to MQ does the put or get and
    > disconnects with no issues. The question I have is, how do we not get
    > into
    > a hang state if we try and communicate with an MQServer2 which doesn't
    > exist
    > or if for some reason, network, hardware, etc that MQ is not available?
    > Is
    > there something that is part of the API that says, if you don't get a
    > response from MQ in 5 seconds connection failed. We want to code this
    > into
    > our application in case the network causes issues or we can reach the MQ
    > server.
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated.
    >
    > thanks,
    > Anthony