message id customization - Websphere

This is a discussion on message id customization - Websphere ; Hi, I need to define user defined message id with 48 HexChar for all my new messages in a queue manager. By default MQM supports only 24 string bytes. It will helpful if anyone tell me a way to do ...

  1. message id customization

    Hi,

    I need to define user defined message id with 48 HexChar for all my new messages in a queue manager.
    By default MQM supports only 24 string bytes.
    It will helpful if anyone tell me a way to do this.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: message id customization

    srinivasraom@hcl.in wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to define user defined message id with 48 HexChar for all my new messages in a queue manager.
    > By default MQM supports only 24 string bytes.
    > It will helpful if anyone tell me a way to do this.

    The MQMD message ID field is an MQBYTE24 - a 24 byte field. Since each
    hexadecimal digit specifies half a byte the message ID can exactly
    represent any sequence of 48 hex digits.

    Regards,

    Phil Willoughby
    --
    Software Engineer (Development)