AMQ4036 mystery !!! Access not permitted. ... - Websphere

This is a discussion on AMQ4036 mystery !!! Access not permitted. ... - Websphere ; I'm trying Websphere MQ V6 on a home network. I installed Linux version (server) on Fedora Core 3 (192.168.2.10) and windows version (server) on Windows XP Home Edition (192.168.2.11). All I wanted to do is to start MQ Explorer on ...

  1. AMQ4036 mystery !!! Access not permitted. ...

    I'm trying Websphere MQ V6 on a home network. I installed Linux version (server) on Fedora Core 3 (192.168.2.10) and windows version (server) on Windows XP Home Edition (192.168.2.11).

    All I wanted to do is to start MQ Explorer on the windows machine and to remotely administrate queue managers running on the Linux machine. Windows installation seems to be working fine (MQ Explorer is starting). Linux installation seems also to be correctly running.

    But !!! If I try to connect (from MQ Explorer on Windows) to the remote queue manager, I get the following error : "Access not permitted. You are not authorized to perform this operation (AMQ4036)".

    After 24 hours googling, I did the following tasks (but, so far, I still have the error and cannot administrate remote the linux WMQ).

    Tasks (after server installation on Linux and Windows).

    1. Adding an entry for MQSeries in /etc/services.

    2. Creating the file MQSeries in /etc/xinetd.d/ (parameter user = mqm).

    3. Starting queue manager (strmqm). (on Linux)

    4. defining channel SYSTEM.ADMIN.SVRCONN (basic definition, without setting MCAUSER on the channel). (on Linux)

    5. Setting env variable MQCCSID on windows to match the Linux CCSID. (on Windows)

    6. setmqaut -m QM_TEST -t qmgr -p ... +all (on Linux)

    7. I did operation 6 for user MQUSER (I created it on Windows side), for ADMINISTRATO (12 characters limitation), for MUSR_MQADMIN. I created these 3 users in Linux and added them to the mqm group on the Linux machine.

    8. Queue Manager is running. Any command submitted by runmqsc is processed by the queue manager. (on Linux)

    9. Command processor is running (strmqcsv). (on Linux)

    10. Listener is running (runmqlsr). (on Linux)

    Could someone tell me what is missing or wrong on Windows and/or Linux side ???

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: AMQ4036 mystery !!! Access not permitted. ...

    This thread could be closed. Someone gave me the response on http://www.mqseries.net forum.

    Maodo

+ Reply to Thread