Can anyone offer me some advice please!!!

I am using the MQSeries 5.3/Windows/.NET - and am extremely new to MQSeries;
so please bear with me.

Summary
--------------
Q1) How can i extract just the input message from a message sent with
MQMFT_XMIT_Q_HEADER?
I can see the message contains but a header followed by real data. I just
want the data (i think)

Q2) Where can i find the documentation that explains what MQMessage
SkipBytes(), DataOffset, and Seek() are used for?
It doesnt matter what programming language - i can find no reference to
these methods/properties on the ibm website.

Q3) How can i generate test messages that contain the MQMFT_XMIT_Q_HEADER ?
I have a created a transmission queue, and am using amqsputc to send
messages - but the messge format remains MQFMT_STRING ! I need to be able
generate messages that contain the MQMFT_XMIT_Q_HEADER in a controlled dev
environment.

A little more detail on my problem
I have an application that is expecting the data format of a message to be
MQFMT_STRING, this application is now attempting to connect to a live
service (of which i have no control or admistrative capabilities) and is
receiving messages of type MQMFT_XMIT_Q_HEADER.

Using .NET and calling :-

MQMessage message = new MQMessage();
queue.Get(message, gmo);
string line = message.ReadString(message.MessageLength);

I can see the MQMFT_XMIT_Q_HEADER and the data embedded within.

How can i extract just the input message?.

I can see that there is a MQMessage.DataOffset property - but i am
struggling to find any info as to what this relates to or what method within
MQMessage i could use this information for. I can see MQMessage.SkipBytes()
and MQMessage.Seek() but again i can find no information on what these
methods actually do.

Is there a guide/document someone could point me at? It doesnt matter what
language; C/C++/.NET/VB/JAVA just a reference will do!

How can i generate messages that contain the MQMFT_XMIT_Q_HEADER. All my
messages in my development environment are sent with the format
MQFMT_STRING. I am using amqsputc and have created a local queue and set
its type to transmission queue in the server explorer.

Thanks