Detect Trial MQ installation - Websphere

This is a discussion on Detect Trial MQ installation - Websphere ; Hi All, Anybody know how to detect whether a trial version of Mq is being used on a Solaris server. I know this server initially had a trial version installed and running as messages appeared in the AMQERR01.Log file indicating ...

  1. Detect Trial MQ installation

    Hi All,

    Anybody know how to detect whether a trial version of Mq is being used on a Solaris server. I know this server initially had a trial version installed and running as messages appeared in the AMQERR01.Log file indicating that it was trial and reporting the number of days left, but those messages are not appearing now and the admin (who is gone) claimed to have re-installed the Prod version.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Detect Trial MQ installation

    I forgot to mention that I get the following result from my dspmqver command:

    Name: WebSphere MQ
    Version: 6.0.0.0
    CMVC level: p000-L050519
    BuildType: IKAP - (Production)

    Does this indicate non-trial ?

  3. Re: Detect Trial MQ installation

    Francis Sanschargrin wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Anybody know how to detect whether a trial version of Mq is being used on a Solaris server. I know this server initially had a trial version installed and running as messages appeared in the AMQERR01.Log file indicating that it was trial and reporting the number of days left, but those messages are not appearing now and the admin (who is gone) claimed to have re-installed the Prod version.
    >
    > Thanks

    If you have the trial version crtmqm and strmqm will output an
    additional message telling you how many days are left in the trial period.

    Philip Morten
    WebSphere MQ Install and Packaging

+ Reply to Thread