fail to connect queue manager in client connection mode - Websphere

This is a discussion on fail to connect queue manager in client connection mode - Websphere ; I'm using Websphere MQ V6.0.1.1, write a MQ client application in .NET on windows XP system on which IBM Message Service Client for .Net is installed. when i debug the following code: XMSFactoryFactory factory = XMSFactoryFactory.GetInstance(XMSC.CT_WMQ); IConnectionFactory cf = factory.CreateConnectionFactory(); ...

  1. fail to connect queue manager in client connection mode

    I'm using Websphere MQ V6.0.1.1, write a MQ client application in .NET on windows XP system on which IBM Message Service Client for .Net is installed.
    when i debug the following code:

    XMSFactoryFactory factory = XMSFactoryFactory.GetInstance(XMSC.CT_WMQ);
    IConnectionFactory cf = factory.CreateConnectionFactory();
    cf.SetStringProperty(XMSC.WMQ_HOST_NAME, "localhost");
    cf.SetIntProperty(XMSC.WMQ_PORT,1414);
    cf.SetIntProperty(XMSC.WMQ_CONNECTION_MODE, XMSC.WMQ_CM_CLIENT);
    cf.SetStringProperty(XMSC.WMQ_QUEUE_MANAGER, "QMGR1");
    connection = cf.CreateConnection();

    An error is raised as the following:

    An unhandled exception of type 'IBM.XMS.XMSException' occurred in IBM.XMS.WMQ.dll

    Additional information: CWSMQ0043E: The specified queue manager is not available. The application has tried to connect to a queue manager that is not available. Check if the queue manager has been started. Ensure that the host, port, channel definitions supplied are correct. Also check the firewall settings, if any.

    but i checked the queue manager in MQ explorer, everthing is ok, more over, if i change the connection mode to XMSC.WMQ_CM_BINDINGS. the connection can be created.

    pls advice.

  2. Re: fail to connect queue manager in client connection mode

    wangyong.net@gmail.com wrote:
    > but i checked the queue manager in MQ explorer, everthing is ok, more
    > over, if i change the connection mode to XMSC.WMQ_CM_BINDINGS. the
    > connection can be created.

    Verify that you have started the listener.

    Regards,

    Phil Willoughby
    --
    Software Engineer (Development)
    IBM Message Service Clients for C/C++

  3. Re: fail to connect queue manager in client connection mode

    hi:

    I checked it in MQ Exploer, the LISTEENER.TCP is running.

    regards,

    wang yong

  4. Re: fail to connect queue manager in client connection mode

    hi:

    I checked it in MQ Exploer, the LISTEENER.TCP is running.

    regards,

    wang yong

  5. Re: fail to connect queue manager in client connection mode

    hi,
    i checked the MQ error log. it reports that errors occured when recieving data by TCP/IP, might be transmission error.

    how can i reslove it?

    thx.

    wang yong

  6. Re: fail to connect queue manager in client connection mode

    If the data itself is badly formed then there should be an FFDC file
    generated. It might be worth posting both the full text of the error message
    and the full FDC file so that we can take a look. You can send this direct
    to my email if you want. I'll take a look and see whether I can spot what's
    wrong.

    I assume that the standard AMQSPUTC works for you and you're not running any
    exits right ?

    Cheers,
    Paul.

    wrote in message
    news:1532724226.1154141175657.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas009.sby.ibm.com...
    > hi,
    > i checked the MQ error log. it reports that errors occured when recieving
    > data by TCP/IP, might be transmission error.
    >
    > how can i reslove it?
    >
    > thx.
    >
    > wang yong

+ Reply to Thread