How to write ReplytoQmgr using JMS API ? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to write ReplytoQmgr using JMS API ? - Websphere ; Hi folks ! I'm seding a message from BEA Weblogic 8.0 using JMS API to a MQ Request/Reply Service running on a remote MainFrame Server. I'm able to successfuly send the message but MQ is not generting a reply. The ...

  1. How to write ReplytoQmgr using JMS API ?

    Hi folks !
    I'm seding a message from BEA Weblogic 8.0 using JMS API to a MQ Request/Reply Service running on a remote MainFrame Server. I'm able to successfuly send the message but MQ is not generting a reply. The MQ admin says my messages don't contain "ReplytoQmgr" parameter set. This parameter is set on MQMD.

    According to the Doc, JMSReplyTo filed is mapped to ReplyToQ and ReplyToQmgr on MQMD (Don't know how it gets mapped to 2 different things :-)).

    I would like to set JMSReplyTo to the Qmgr, however JMSReplyTo should be of Java class Type "Destination" - which means either Queue or Topic. I did try to set the JMSReplyTo to the Remote MQ Queue, but during run time, JMSReplyTo parameter takes the value of Null ( I believe this is correct because Weblogic does not really have this object in it's JVM. It's just a JNDI name pointing to a remote resource).

    My question is, how can I get my messages have ReplytoQmgr in their MQMD while sending message through JMS API.

    I appreciate your help.
    Thanks.

    - Karun

  2. Re: How to write ReplytoQmgr using JMS API ?

    For MQ JMS, you set JMSReplyTo to a destination created from something like
    queue:///, and this will populate the 2 fields in the
    MQMD. Alternatively, lookup a destination object in JNDI, and set the
    JMSReplyTo to this destination object. Ensure the JNDI destination contains
    settings for QMgr and Q properties.

    Brian

    wrote in message
    news:646336002.1145556885517.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsg was007.sby.ibm.com...
    > Hi folks !
    > I'm seding a message from BEA Weblogic 8.0 using JMS API to a MQ

    Request/Reply Service running on a remote MainFrame Server. I'm able to
    successfuly send the message but MQ is not generting a reply. The MQ admin
    says my messages don't contain "ReplytoQmgr" parameter set. This parameter
    is set on MQMD.

    > According to the Doc, JMSReplyTo filed is mapped to ReplyToQ and

    ReplyToQmgr on MQMD (Don't know how it gets mapped to 2 different things
    :-)).

    > I would like to set JMSReplyTo to the Qmgr, however JMSReplyTo should be

    of Java class Type "Destination" - which means either Queue or Topic. I did
    try to set the JMSReplyTo to the Remote MQ Queue, but during run time,
    JMSReplyTo parameter takes the value of Null ( I believe this is correct
    because Weblogic does not really have this object in it's JVM. It's just a
    JNDI name pointing to a remote resource).

    > My question is, how can I get my messages have ReplytoQmgr in their MQMD

    while sending message through JMS API.

    > I appreciate your help.
    > Thanks.
    >
    > - Karun

  3. Re: How to write ReplytoQmgr using JMS API ?

    I am facing the same issue.Can you please help me how to resolve this.
    If possible sample code snippet or an article on this.
    Thanks,
    Prathima

  4. Re: How to write ReplytoQmgr using JMS API ?

    prathima_blue@yahoo.co.in wrote:
    > I am facing the same issue.Can you please help me how to resolve this.
    > If possible sample code snippet or an article on this.

    To construct a Destination which includes a queue manager and a queue
    name, use this:

    Destination rTo = new com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueue(QMGR, QUEUE);

    Both parameters have type String.

    If you are familiar with the IBM Destination URI format, you can use
    that instead. For instance you might use:

    Destination rTo = new
    com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueue("queue://QMGR/QUEUE?persistence=-1&targetClient=0");

    Phil
    --
    Software Engineer, Development, WebSphere MQ for z/OS

+ Reply to Thread