WMQ 5.3: onMessage() for 2nd queue is delayed - Websphere

This is a discussion on WMQ 5.3: onMessage() for 2nd queue is delayed - Websphere ; Hi, I have a simple scenario (WMQ 5.3, JMS API only). One Java app writes into 2 different JMS queues. Another Java app reads from these queues (Text Messages, implements MessageListener and ExceptionListener). If messages are written by the sending ...

  1. WMQ 5.3: onMessage() for 2nd queue is delayed

    Hi,

    I have a simple scenario (WMQ 5.3, JMS API only). One Java app writes into 2 different JMS queues. Another Java app reads from these queues (Text Messages, implements MessageListener and ExceptionListener). If messages are written by the sending app into the 1st queue (the one that was used to create the 1st receiver for the session in receiving app), it is read instantly by receiving app. However, messages written to the 2nd queue (the one that was used to create the 2nd receiver for the same session) take anywhere from 0.5 to 5 sec. This behavior is not queue-specific, because if I swap queue names in configuration, it is always the 1st queue that is fast, and the 2nd queue that is slow. It almost looks like some kind of TCP_NODELAY-related setting, or a limitaion on how many receiving channels can be handled per one asynchronous session. I tried the same scenarion against ActiveMQ, and both queues performed instantly. Any insight would be appreciated.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: WMQ 5.3: onMessage() for 2nd queue is delayed

    fyi - replies available at
    http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27651

    wrote in message
    news:263914873.1141144929767.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsg was007.sby.ibm.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a simple scenario (WMQ 5.3, JMS API only). One Java app writes into
    > 2 different JMS queues. Another Java app reads from these queues (Text
    > Messages, implements MessageListener and ExceptionListener). If messages
    > are written by the sending app into the 1st queue (the one that was used
    > to create the 1st receiver for the session in receiving app), it is read
    > instantly by receiving app. However, messages written to the 2nd queue
    > (the one that was used to create the 2nd receiver for the same session)
    > take anywhere from 0.5 to 5 sec. This behavior is not queue-specific,
    > because if I swap queue names in configuration, it is always the 1st queue
    > that is fast, and the 2nd queue that is slow. It almost looks like some
    > kind of TCP_NODELAY-related setting, or a limitaion on how many receiving
    > channels can be handled per one asynchronous session. I tried the same
    > scenarion against ActiveMQ, and both queues performed instantly. Any
    > insight would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread