Monitor Queue Manager Status - Websphere

This is a discussion on Monitor Queue Manager Status - Websphere ; platform: RHEL AS 3 MQ: 5.3.0.9 Id like to monitor the output of dspmq, this command: #dspmq | mail -s "MQ Result" some.rcpt@mail.com when ran in console is woking properly but when I add this on the /etc/crontab the contents ...

  1. Monitor Queue Manager Status

    platform: RHEL AS 3
    MQ: 5.3.0.9

    Id like to monitor the output of dspmq, this command:

    #dspmq | mail -s "MQ Result" some.rcpt@mail.com

    when ran in console is woking properly but when I add this on the /etc/crontab the contents of the mail is blank

    0 */1 * * * root dspmq | mail -s "MQ Result" some.rcpt@mail.com

    Anyone can help me solved this problem?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Monitor Queue Manager Status

    reden.santos@hitachigst.com wrote:
    > platform: RHEL AS 3
    > MQ: 5.3.0.9
    >
    > Id like to monitor the output of dspmq, this command:
    >
    > #dspmq | mail -s "MQ Result" some.rcpt@mail.com
    >
    > when ran in console is woking properly but when I add this on the /etc/crontab the contents of the mail is blank
    >
    > 0 */1 * * * root dspmq | mail -s "MQ Result" some.rcpt@mail.com
    >
    > Anyone can help me solved this problem?
    >
    > Thank you.

    It's probably worth capturing any stderr messages from the dspmq command
    too, just to check that the command is successful:

    0 * * * * root dspmq 2>&1 | mail -s "MQ Result" some.rcpt@mail.com

    Another thing to check: is the local root user being delivered any mail
    regarding this output?

    BTW: the /1 is superfluous as '*' means 'every'.

    Ian.

    --
    ian.burnett@uk.ibm.com :: IBM, Hursley, UK

  3. Re: Monitor Queue Manager Status

    After changing the cron configuration, the mail contents is still blank, and I have the error below in the mail for root. I checked the archived and says it only needs LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19 but its already defined for root and mqm users.

    From: root@localhost.localdomain (Cron Daemon)
    To: root@localhost.localdomain
    Subject: Cron dspmq
    AMQ6090: WebSphere MQ was unable to display an error message 20006220.

  4. Re: Monitor Queue Manager Status

    Ian Burnett wrote:
    > reden.santos@hitachigst.com wrote:
    >> platform: RHEL AS 3
    >> MQ: 5.3.0.9
    >>
    >> Id like to monitor the output of dspmq, this command:
    >>
    >> #dspmq | mail -s "MQ Result" some.rcpt@mail.com
    >>
    >> when ran in console is woking properly but when I add this on the
    >> /etc/crontab the contents of the mail is blank
    >>
    >> 0 */1 * * * root dspmq | mail -s "MQ Result" some.rcpt@mail.com
    >>
    >> Anyone can help me solved this problem?
    >>
    >> Thank you.
    >>

    > It's probably worth capturing any stderr messages from the dspmq command
    > too, just to check that the command is successful:
    >
    > 0 * * * * root dspmq 2>&1 | mail -s "MQ Result" some.rcpt@mail.com
    >
    > Another thing to check: is the local root user being delivered any mail
    > regarding this output?
    >
    > BTW: the /1 is superfluous as '*' means 'every'.

    The other 2 things to check are:

    1: Are you sure you need the word 'root' in that line? The standard crontab
    layout does not include the users' name, and I think it's unlikely that RHEL3AS
    would have chosen to break with convention.

    2: dspmq may not be in the path when the crontab is executed, you should always
    use the full path in crontab files.

    --
    XMS Client Development

+ Reply to Thread