UTF - String incompatible? - Websphere

This is a discussion on UTF - String incompatible? - Websphere ; We are having a problem with MQ 5.3 on Solaris where writeString will cause a readUTF to throw an EOF exception. As far as we can see the UFT calls insert / expect a 2-byte length prefix. Application involves an ...

  1. UTF - String incompatible?

    We are having a problem with MQ 5.3 on Solaris where writeString will cause
    a readUTF to throw an EOF exception. As far as we can see the UFT calls
    insert / expect a 2-byte length prefix. Application involves an unbounded
    set of applications written by seperate parties.

    Are there any structured ways to avoid this incompatibility? I hope we are
    just missing a MQ setting as adopting a uniform standard across the entire
    application network would be a significant problem.

    Thanks,

    Dave

  2. Re: UTF - String incompatible?

    Ah, just realised that there is a thread above on this topic as well!

    "SaketR" wrote in message
    > Hi Dave,
    >
    > writeString is a method for StreamMessage. IBM MQ JMS implementation will
    > store the contents on this field as bytes in some known format, which an
    > application shouldn't need to know.
    >
    > readUTF is a method for BytesMessage. Are you trying to read the bytes of
    > the above StreamMessage as a BytesMessage?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Saket
    >
    > "IBM" wrote in message
    >> We are having a problem with MQ 5.3 on Solaris where writeString will
    >> cause a readUTF to throw an EOF exception. As far as we can see the UFT
    >> calls insert / expect a 2-byte length prefix. Application involves an
    >> unbounded set of applications written by seperate parties.
    >>
    >> Are there any structured ways to avoid this incompatibility? I hope we
    >> are just missing a MQ setting as adopting a uniform standard across the
    >> entire application network would be a significant problem.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Dave

  3. Re: UTF - String incompatible?

    "IBM" wrote in message
    > We are having a problem with MQ 5.3 on Solaris where writeString will
    > cause a readUTF to throw an EOF exception. As far as we can see the UFT
    > calls insert / expect a 2-byte length prefix. Application involves an
    > unbounded set of applications written by seperate parties.
    >
    > Are there any structured ways to avoid this incompatibility? I hope we are
    > just missing a MQ setting as adopting a uniform standard across the entire
    > application network would be a significant problem.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dave

+ Reply to Thread