How to set up WebSphere for foreign JMS - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to set up WebSphere for foreign JMS - Websphere ; Hello! We are developing a JMS connection between a WebLogic and a WebSphere server. Since we do not know so much about JMS we started small with these steps to test a JMS connection for a point-to-point solution with a ...

  1. How to set up WebSphere for foreign JMS

    Hello!

    We are developing a JMS connection between a WebLogic and a WebSphere server.

    Since we do not know so much about JMS we started small with these steps to test a JMS connection for a point-to-point solution with a queue.

    Steps on the way:
    JMS inside 1 WebLogic server 8.1 (between 2 jsp-pages) - OK
    JMS between 2 WebLogic servers 8.1 (between 2 jsp-pages) - OK
    JMS inside 1 WebSphere server 6.0 (between 2 jsp-pages) (Default messaging) - OK
    JMS inside 1 WebSphere server 6.0 (between 2 jsp-pages) (MQ) - NOT OK
    JMS between 2 WebSphere servers 6.0 (between 2 jsp-pages) (MQ) - NOT OK

    Final goal:
    JMS between 1 WebLogic server 8.1 and 1 WebSphere server 6.0 (between 2 jsp-pages) (MQ) - NOT OK

    It seems a bit more trickier to manage this with WebSphere than with WebLogic since (correct me if I am wrong) the setup contains of more then:
    JMSserever
    ConnectionFactory
    Queue
    ForeignJMSserever
    ForeignConnectionFactory
    ForeignQueue

    ...it just contains of in WebLogic.

    So now to my question.

    1) Is there any design pattern / tutorial / step by step how to set up this for:
    JMS between 1 WebLogic server 8.1 and 1 WebSphere server 6.0 (between 2 jsp-pages) (MQ) - NOT OK

    2) If there is anybody out there that would give us some advise how to set up this we would be very thankfull, especially on the WebSphere side, what does items/part/objects do we need??
    I guess that our customer perfers to have the queue at the WebLogic side, so correct me if I am wrong when I say that the Foreign-set up must remain on the WebShere side.

    Best regards
    Fredrik

  2. Re: How to set up WebSphere for foreign JMS

    I can't answer your question but please consider also asking at
    http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/index.php

    Martin

+ Reply to Thread