Suspected client installation problem - missing MQ DLLs - Websphere

This is a discussion on Suspected client installation problem - missing MQ DLLs - Websphere ; Hi, I've faced documented ""java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no mqjbnd05 in java.library.path" error debugging Java-coded trigger program on a MQ Client. The same trigger runs fine on a Server. Both Server and Client are Windows servers 2003 running MQ 5.3 (CSD 07). I've ...

  1. Suspected client installation problem - missing MQ DLLs

    Hi,

    I've faced documented ""java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no mqjbnd05 in
    java.library.path" error debugging Java-coded trigger program on a MQ
    Client.
    The same trigger runs fine on a Server. Both Server and Client are Windows
    servers 2003 running MQ 5.3 (CSD 07).

    I've recompiled Java trigger on a client, added C:\Program
    Files\IBM\Websphere MQ\Java\lib to system PATH (suggested by IBM FAQ) and
    made sure it is really set
    (http://www-304.ibm.com/jct09002c/isv...al?oid=2:26362). I do
    not know if I should also add it to CLASSPATH. Btw, my CLASSPATH is

    C:\appl;C:\appl\local;%wmq_java%\lib\providerutil. jar;%wmq_java%\lib\com.ibm.mqjms.jar;%wmq_java%\li b\ldap.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\jta.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\j ndi.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\jms.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\conn ector.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\fscontext.jar;%wmq_java%\ lib\com.ibm.mq.jar

    where ;%wmq_java% C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ\Java

    However, trigger is stll complaining about missing MQM.DLL and many others.
    Surprisingly, all requiered libraries are not in place (MQ\bin or
    MQ\Java\lib).

    Some of them are in C:\Program Files\IBM\Source\WebSphere MQ CSD07
    EnUs\CSD00001.

    After copiing all DLLs to <>\Java\lib, Java client trigger is unable to
    connect to QM on a server (error 2058), so client installation is still
    wrong. However, sample programs like amqsgetc / putc do work normally and
    client is functional.

    Anybody experienced this problem ?

    Thanks and regards,
    Sergei Turin

  2. Re: Suspected client installation problem - missing MQ DLLs

    > I may or may not help you to solve the problem you mention.

    I meant, Itmay or may not help you to solve the problem you mention.

    "SaketR" wrote in message
    > Sergei,
    >
    > Moving to latest CSD level 12 for v5.3 would be a good idea. CSD07 is
    > ancient.
    >
    > http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg27006037
    >
    > I may or may not help you to solve the problem you mention.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Saket
    >
    > "Sergei Trubach" wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I've faced documented ""java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no mqjbnd05 in
    >> java.library.path" error debugging Java-coded trigger program on a MQ
    >> Client.
    >> The same trigger runs fine on a Server. Both Server and Client are
    >> Windows servers 2003 running MQ 5.3 (CSD 07).
    >>
    >> I've recompiled Java trigger on a client, added C:\Program
    >> Files\IBM\Websphere MQ\Java\lib to system PATH (suggested by IBM FAQ) and
    >> made sure it is really set
    >> (http://www-304.ibm.com/jct09002c/isv...al?oid=2:26362). I
    >> do not know if I should also add it to CLASSPATH. Btw, my CLASSPATH is
    >>
    >> C:\appl;C:\appl\local;%wmq_java%\lib\providerutil. jar;%wmq_java%\lib\com.ibm.mqjms.jar;%wmq_java%\li b\ldap.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\jta.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\j ndi.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\jms.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\conn ector.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\fscontext.jar;%wmq_java%\ lib\com.ibm.mq.jar
    >>
    >> where ;%wmq_java% C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ\Java
    >>
    >> However, trigger is stll complaining about missing MQM.DLL and many
    >> others. Surprisingly, all requiered libraries are not in place (MQ\bin or
    >> MQ\Java\lib).
    >>
    >> Some of them are in C:\Program Files\IBM\Source\WebSphere MQ CSD07
    >> EnUs\CSD00001.
    >>
    >> After copiing all DLLs to <>\Java\lib, Java client trigger is unable to
    >> connect to QM on a server (error 2058), so client installation is still
    >> wrong. However, sample programs like amqsgetc / putc do work normally and
    >> client is functional.
    >>
    >> Anybody experienced this problem ?
    >>
    >> Thanks and regards,
    >> Sergei Turin

  3. Re: Suspected client installation problem - missing MQ DLLs

    Sergei,

    Moving to latest CSD level 12 for v5.3 would be a good idea. CSD07 is
    ancient.

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg27006037

    I may or may not help you to solve the problem you mention.

    Regards,
    Saket

    "Sergei Trubach" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've faced documented ""java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no mqjbnd05 in
    > java.library.path" error debugging Java-coded trigger program on a MQ
    > Client.
    > The same trigger runs fine on a Server. Both Server and Client are
    > Windows servers 2003 running MQ 5.3 (CSD 07).
    >
    > I've recompiled Java trigger on a client, added C:\Program
    > Files\IBM\Websphere MQ\Java\lib to system PATH (suggested by IBM FAQ) and
    > made sure it is really set
    > (http://www-304.ibm.com/jct09002c/isv...al?oid=2:26362). I
    > do not know if I should also add it to CLASSPATH. Btw, my CLASSPATH is
    >
    > C:\appl;C:\appl\local;%wmq_java%\lib\providerutil. jar;%wmq_java%\lib\com.ibm.mqjms.jar;%wmq_java%\li b\ldap.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\jta.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\j ndi.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\jms.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\conn ector.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\fscontext.jar;%wmq_java%\ lib\com.ibm.mq.jar
    >
    > where ;%wmq_java% C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ\Java
    >
    > However, trigger is stll complaining about missing MQM.DLL and many
    > others. Surprisingly, all requiered libraries are not in place (MQ\bin or
    > MQ\Java\lib).
    >
    > Some of them are in C:\Program Files\IBM\Source\WebSphere MQ CSD07
    > EnUs\CSD00001.
    >
    > After copiing all DLLs to <>\Java\lib, Java client trigger is unable to
    > connect to QM on a server (error 2058), so client installation is still
    > wrong. However, sample programs like amqsgetc / putc do work normally and
    > client is functional.
    >
    > Anybody experienced this problem ?
    >
    > Thanks and regards,
    > Sergei Turin

  4. Re: Suspected client installation problem - missing MQ DLLs

    All,

    OK, I've installed CSD 12 and the problem is the same. After re-compilation
    of all classes program compains about missing DLL (mqjbnd.dll). The DLL is
    actually in

    C:\Program Files\IBM\Source\WebSphere MQ CSD12 EnUs\CSD00042

    which is actually temporary location for CSD 12 files during installation.
    On a server, DLL is in place (<>\Java\lib).

    Regards,
    Sergei

    "SaketR" wrote in message
    > Sergei,
    >
    > Moving to latest CSD level 12 for v5.3 would be a good idea. CSD07 is
    > ancient.
    >
    > http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg27006037
    >
    > I may or may not help you to solve the problem you mention.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Saket
    >
    > "Sergei Trubach" wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I've faced documented ""java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no mqjbnd05 in
    >> java.library.path" error debugging Java-coded trigger program on a MQ
    >> Client.
    >> The same trigger runs fine on a Server. Both Server and Client are
    >> Windows servers 2003 running MQ 5.3 (CSD 07).
    >>
    >> I've recompiled Java trigger on a client, added C:\Program
    >> Files\IBM\Websphere MQ\Java\lib to system PATH (suggested by IBM FAQ) and
    >> made sure it is really set
    >> (http://www-304.ibm.com/jct09002c/isv...al?oid=2:26362). I
    >> do not know if I should also add it to CLASSPATH. Btw, my CLASSPATH is
    >>
    >> C:\appl;C:\appl\local;%wmq_java%\lib\providerutil. jar;%wmq_java%\lib\com.ibm.mqjms.jar;%wmq_java%\li b\ldap.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\jta.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\j ndi.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\jms.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\conn ector.jar;%wmq_java%\lib\fscontext.jar;%wmq_java%\ lib\com.ibm.mq.jar
    >>
    >> where ;%wmq_java% C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ\Java
    >>
    >> However, trigger is stll complaining about missing MQM.DLL and many
    >> others. Surprisingly, all requiered libraries are not in place (MQ\bin or
    >> MQ\Java\lib).
    >>
    >> Some of them are in C:\Program Files\IBM\Source\WebSphere MQ CSD07
    >> EnUs\CSD00001.
    >>
    >> After copiing all DLLs to <>\Java\lib, Java client trigger is unable to
    >> connect to QM on a server (error 2058), so client installation is still
    >> wrong. However, sample programs like amqsgetc / putc do work normally and
    >> client is functional.
    >>
    >> Anybody experienced this problem ?
    >>
    >> Thanks and regards,
    >> Sergei Turin

  5. Re: Suspected client installation problem - missing MQ DLLs

    > I've recompiled Java trigger on a client, added C:\Program
    > Files\IBM\Websphere MQ\Java\lib to system PATH (suggested by IBM FAQ) and
    > made sure it is really set
    > (http://www-304.ibm.com/jct09002c/isv...al?oid=2:26362). I
    > do not know if I should also add it to CLASSPATH.

    On my system, mqjbnd05.dll is right there in C:\Program Files\IBM\Websphere
    MQ\Java\lib

    I suggest you don't need to copy any MQ DLLs into Java\lib or anywhere in
    fact. Everything should work without having to do this.

    Is the environment in your trigger monitor program picking up the changes to
    PATH that you make? You may care to restart the trigger monitor so it gets
    the altered environment you have set up.

    Regards,
    Martin

  6. Re: Suspected client installation problem - missing MQ DLLs

    Martin,

    The problem was quite simple - I have no experience working with MQ clients.

    After some investigation it is clear now that I tried to connect to client
    channel using binding mode which is obviously wrong. mqjbnd.dll is a server
    DLL for the type of connection, that's why it is missing on any MQ client in
    the world :-).

    I've managed to connect to client channel using remote client mode (parsing
    MQSERVER environment variable within Java program).

    Thanks and regards,
    Sergei

    "Martin" wrote in message
    >> I've recompiled Java trigger on a client, added C:\Program
    >> Files\IBM\Websphere MQ\Java\lib to system PATH (suggested by IBM FAQ) and
    >> made sure it is really set
    >> (http://www-304.ibm.com/jct09002c/isv...al?oid=2:26362). I
    >> do not know if I should also add it to CLASSPATH.

    > On my system, mqjbnd05.dll is right there in C:\Program
    > Files\IBM\Websphere MQ\Java\lib
    >
    > I suggest you don't need to copy any MQ DLLs into Java\lib or anywhere in
    > fact. Everything should work without having to do this.
    >
    > Is the environment in your trigger monitor program picking up the changes
    > to PATH that you make? You may care to restart the trigger monitor so it
    > gets the altered environment you have set up.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Martin

+ Reply to Thread