Data sent over IBM MQ series comes out reversed. - Websphere

This is a discussion on Data sent over IBM MQ series comes out reversed. - Websphere ; My cousin asked me if I could find some help for him about the IBM MQ and tcp/ip. This is his problem. "when he sends data over the mq series the integer values are coming out reversed". He said if ...

  1. Data sent over IBM MQ series comes out reversed.

    My cousin asked me if I could find some help for him about the
    IBM MQ and tcp/ip.
    This is his problem.
    "when he sends data over the mq series the integer values are coming out
    reversed".

    He said if he moves 1324 bits of data it comes out as 4231.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Textig

  2. Re: Data sent over IBM MQ series comes out reversed.

    Hi there,

    What do you mean by 1324 bits of data? If you mean numeric value 1324 (say
    an 'int'), then you should check the encoding property specified by the
    sender and receiver apps. In case you are using MQ JMS or XMS API, look for
    "JMS_IBM_Encoding" property in the user documentation. In case you are using
    MQI, see user documentation for more details. For more general info, google
    Big-Endianess and Little-Endianess or see
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endianness

    Regards,
    Saket

    "textig" wrote in message
    > My cousin asked me if I could find some help for him about the
    > IBM MQ and tcp/ip.
    > This is his problem.
    > "when he sends data over the mq series the integer values are coming out
    > reversed".
    >
    > He said if he moves 1324 bits of data it comes out as 4231.
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > Thanks,
    > Textig

+ Reply to Thread