adding correlationID to MQmessage and reading back as clear String - Websphere

This is a discussion on adding correlationID to MQmessage and reading back as clear String - Websphere ; I understand that to place a specific correlation ID in an MQ message I can simply take the string "MYID" convert it to bytes and place it in the message, however, when I use a utility such as rfutil, it ...

  1. adding correlationID to MQmessage and reading back as clear String

    I understand that to place a specific correlation ID in an MQ message I can simply take the string "MYID" convert it to bytes and place it in the message, however, when I use a utility such as rfutil, it do not see MYID in the field. I see:

    4D59434F5252454C49440000000000000000000000000000

    so if i write a getmsg, what must I do to see the string "MYID"

    thx

  2. Re: adding correlationID to MQmessage and reading back as clear String

    66fastbackgt@gmail.com wrote:
    > I understand that to place a specific correlation ID in an MQ message I can simply take the string "MYID" convert it to bytes and place it in the message, however, when I use a utility such as rfutil, it do not see MYID in the field. I see:
    >
    > 4D59434F5252454C49440000000000000000000000000000
    >
    > so if i write a getmsg, what must I do to see the string "MYID"

    Converting the above from hex to ascii:

    4D = 'M'
    59 = 'Y'
    43 = 'C'