MQJE016: MQ queue manager closed channel immediately during connect - Websphere

This is a discussion on MQJE016: MQ queue manager closed channel immediately during connect - Websphere ; Hi, I am trying to connect to a MQ server manager running on Windows 2000. On the server I created a TESTM manager, a TESTQ local queue, server and client channel as: DEFINE CHANNEL(ALPHA) CHLTYPE(SVRCONN) TRPTYPE(TCP) + DESCR('Server connection to ...

  1. MQJE016: MQ queue manager closed channel immediately during connect

    Hi,
    I am trying to connect to a MQ server manager running on Windows 2000. On the server I created a TESTM manager, a TESTQ local queue, server and client channel as:

    DEFINE CHANNEL(ALPHA) CHLTYPE(SVRCONN) TRPTYPE(TCP) +
    DESCR('Server connection to WebSphere MQ client')

    DEFINE CHANNEL(ALPHA) CHLTYPE(CLNTCONN) TRPTYPE(TCP) +
    CONNAME(172.29.79.80) DESCR('WebSphere MQ client connection to server 1') +
    QMNAME(TESTM)

    I copied the AMQCLCHL.TAB from the server to my Win XP (c:\). Before running a set MQCHLLIB=c:\ and set MQCHLTAB=AMQCLCHL.TAB.

    In my Java program I did this: MQEnvironment.properties.put
    (MQC.TRANSPORT_PROPERTY,MQC.TRANSPORT_MQSERIES_CLI ENT);

    queueManager = new MQQueueManager(?*TESTM?);

    I am getting this error:
    MQJE016: MQ queue manager closed channel immediately during connect
    Closure reason = 2009

    If I try connecting to the Server Connection it works.

    Can anybody help me?
    Is there a step by step to connect to a server using the client software and AMQCLCHL.TAB file?

    Thanks in advance
    Claus

  2. Re: MQJE016: MQ queue manager closed channel immediately during connect

    Hi,

    I don't think that you can use AMQCLCHL.TAB with java applications, they
    don't use environment variables. Consider specifying the Channel name and
    Host name in your application using MQEnvironment.
    Hope this helps you.

    --
    Thanks and Regards,
    Meenakshi Sharma

    news:607999475.1138318036853.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsg was007.sby.ibm.com...

    +
    > QMNAME(TESTM)
    >
    > I copied the AMQCLCHL.TAB from the server to my Win XP (c:\). Before

    running a set MQCHLLIB=c:\ and set MQCHLTAB=AMQCLCHL.TAB.

    > In my Java program I did this: MQEnvironment.properties.put
    > (MQC.TRANSPORT_PROPERTY,MQC.TRANSPORT_MQSERIES_CLI ENT);
    >
    > queueManager = new MQQueueManager(?*TESTM?);
    >
    > I am getting this error:
    > MQJE016: MQ queue manager closed channel immediately during connect
    > Closure reason = 2009
    >
    > If I try connecting to the Server Connection it works.
    >
    > Can anybody help me?
    > Is there a step by step to connect to a server using the client software

    and AMQCLCHL.TAB file?

    > Thanks in advance
    > Claus

  3. Re: MQJE016: MQ queue manager closed channel immediately during connect

    clhan@wmdata.dk wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am trying to connect to a MQ server manager running on Windows 2000. On the server I created a TESTM manager, a TESTQ local queue, server and client channel as:
    >
    > DEFINE CHANNEL(ALPHA) CHLTYPE(SVRCONN) TRPTYPE(TCP) +
    > DESCR('Server connection to WebSphere MQ client')
    >
    > DEFINE CHANNEL(ALPHA) CHLTYPE(CLNTCONN) TRPTYPE(TCP) +
    > CONNAME(172.29.79.80) DESCR('WebSphere MQ client connection to server 1') +
    > QMNAME(TESTM)

    CCDT or Client Channel Definition tables are new to WMQ v6.
    MQQueueManagers can be passed a URL to your AMQCLCHL.TAB file. If using
    this you should not set the channel name.

    For Example:

    public MQQueueManager(String queueManagerName,
    URL url)
    throws MQException

    See
    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...6_barrago.html