ssl questions - Websphere

This is a discussion on ssl questions - Websphere ; If I use ssl cipher spec on a channel does it, both authenticate and encrypt data/messages on the channel? i.e. on the network. If I leave off ssl cipher spec but specify ssl peer name will I just authenticate and ...

  1. ssl questions

    If I use ssl cipher spec on a channel does it, both authenticate and encrypt data/messages on the channel? i.e. on the network.

    If I leave off ssl cipher spec but specify ssl peer name will I just authenticate and not encrypt?

    O/S Sun solaris 8 MQ 5.3

    Thanks in advance,

  2. Re: ssl questions

    martin@aeonit.co.uk wrote:
    > If I use ssl cipher spec on a channel does it, both authenticate and encrypt data/messages on the channel? i.e. on the network.
    >
    > If I leave off ssl cipher spec but specify ssl peer name will I just authenticate and not encrypt?
    >
    > O/S Sun solaris 8 MQ 5.3
    >
    > Thanks in advance,

    Specifying a CipherSpec is the on/off switch for SSL in MQ. If you just
    specify peer name it will be ignored.

    Alex

+ Reply to Thread