FIlter on JMSXGroupID doesn't work - Websphere

This is a discussion on FIlter on JMSXGroupID doesn't work - Websphere ; Hello. I'm using WebSphere MQ 5. I put/get messages in MQ format (not JMS format). I'm working with MQ from WSAD 5.1 via local MQ client (not via WSAD embedded MQ functionality). The problem is: Message filtering by JMSXGroupID doesn't ...

  1. FIlter on JMSXGroupID doesn't work

    Hello.

    I'm using WebSphere MQ 5. I put/get messages in MQ format (not JMS format).
    I'm working with MQ from WSAD 5.1 via local MQ client (not via WSAD embedded MQ functionality).

    The problem is: Message filtering by JMSXGroupID doesn't work.

    There are messages in the queue with group ID set by following code:
    theMessage.setStringProperty("JMSXGroupID", "ABC");
    The property is really set, it is displayed in queue browsing tool (I use WMQ Tool).

    I create filter (QueueBrowser) using following selector:
    String theSelector = "JMSXGroupID = 'ABC'";
    QueueBrowser theBrowser = theSession.createBrowser(theQueue, theSelector);
    This filter DOESN'T FIND anything!

    Whereas if I browse ALL messages (without any selector) like this
    QueueBrowser theBrowser = theSession.createBrowser(theQueue);
    then I get ALL messages. And when I check
    theMessagegetStringProperty("JMSXGroupID")
    then it correctly returns "ABC".

    What is interesting is that similar filter for Correlation ID works correct:
    String theSelector = "JMSCorrelationID = 'DEF'";
    QueueBrowser theBrowser = theSession.createBrowser(theQueue, theSelector);

    Why filter by JMSXGroupID doesn't work? Is WebSphere MQ filtering limited to JMS-properties only and isn't supported for JMSX-properties?

  2. Re: FIlter on JMSXGroupID doesn't work

    botsman5@tut.by wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I'm using WebSphere MQ 5.

    I assume you mean WebSphere MQ 5.3?

    Assuming you did, I think the problem you describe was fixed in Fix Pack 9. If
    you apply that or a subsequent service bundle to your queue manager the problem
    should go away. You will obviously need to make sure that WSAD picks up the new
    WMQ JMS jar files, unfortunately it's been a while since I used WSAD and I can't
    remember how you do that.

    Fix Pack 9 is available from this conveniently short and memorable URL:

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en

    Cheers,

    Phil

    --
    XMS Client Development

  3. Re: FIlter on JMSXGroupID doesn't work

    > Fix Pack 9 is available ...

    Actually in light of
    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg21223536 it may be better to
    use a later Fix Pack - eg. the latest one, which is Fix Pack 11.

    Regards,
    Martin

  4. Re: FIlter on JMSXGroupID doesn't work

    Thank you Phil and Martin.

    I have FixPack 6 installed. I will check FixPack 11 later.

    So far I found a workaround. If I specify not the original string, but 24-byte encoded string, the filter for JMSXGroupID works well.
    Instead of
    theSelector = "JMSXGroupID = 'ABC'"
    I use now
    theSelector = "JMSXGroupID = 'ID:4142430000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00'"

    And this correctly filters out messages with group ID 'ABC'.

    It's starnage, because JMSCorrelationID has the same internal 24-byte
    representation, but doesn't require any encoding unlike JMSXGroupID.

+ Reply to Thread