Client Connection Tables and MQ Server - Websphere

This is a discussion on Client Connection Tables and MQ Server - Websphere ; Hi, I have an MQ server installation on 3 machines A, B1 and B2. If I want to connect from Machine A to B1 or B2 depending on which one is active. B1 and B2 are seperate machine not a ...

  1. Client Connection Tables and MQ Server

    Hi,

    I have an MQ server installation on 3 machines A, B1 and B2. If I want to connect from Machine A to B1 or B2 depending on which one is active. B1 and B2 are seperate machine not a cluster so they have a unique static IP. (B2 is basically a hot backup machine)

    Can I use Client connection tables to do this or is there an alternative way of doing this?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Client Connection Tables and MQ Server

    MQ client tables provide a simple fail-over mechanism.

    See "WMQ Clients V6" manual Ch. 13, under "Example 1. Queue manager
    name includes an asterisk (*)"
    to show how MQ can select a qmgr to connect to.

    HTH,
    Glenn.

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an MQ server installation on 3 machines A, B1 and B2. If I
    > want to connect from Machine A to B1 or B2 depending on which one is
    > active. B1 and B2 are seperate machine not a cluster so they have a
    > unique static IP. (B2 is basically a hot backup machine)
    >
    > Can I use Client connection tables to do this or is there an
    > alternative way of doing this?
    >
    > Thanks,

  3. Re: Client Connection Tables and MQ Server

    The issue here is that MQ server is installed on all 3 machines, there is no MQ client.

    Does this setup still work?

  4. Re: Client Connection Tables and MQ Server

    Sorry, I may have misunderstood. When you mentioned "Client connection
    tables"
    I assumed you had an app which was using MQ client on machine A to conn
    to the qmgrs
    on B1 or B2, and wanted some intelligent decision on A to be able to
    connect to
    an active qmgr, whether its B1 or B2. Yes ?

    If MQ Server is installed on a machine, it will usuall include all the
    MQ Client libraries as well.

    Glenn.

    wrote:
    > The issue here is that MQ server is installed on all 3 machines,
    > there is no MQ client.
    >
    > Does this setup still work?

+ Reply to Thread