Fast Forwarding - Websphere

This is a discussion on Fast Forwarding - Websphere ; Hi, I'm working with a client that has two systems, A and B. System A sends messages to B using a persistent queue. We need to add another system, C which has to receive the same messages from A that ...

  1. Fast Forwarding

    Hi,

    I'm working with a client that has two systems, A and B. System A sends messages to B using a persistent queue. We need to add another system, C which has to receive the same messages from A that B does.

    Unfortunately we're unable to change anything about system A so we can't do the obvious and change the point-to-point model to a pub/sub one.

    One option we're looking at is to add a proxy that reads messages from A and forwards them to both B and C - however there are very very strict performance requirements, and some initial measurements are showing that it takes around 40-50ms to read a message and write it to two queues.

    Unfortunately I know very little about MQ, but I was wondering if there is any internal API, configuration, or plug-ins that can be used (or written) to do this that would be faster than a standard JMS based proxy client. Maybe there is a way of writing some code that sits within the MQ runtime to perform this faster than a normal client could?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Many Thanks,

    Tim

  2. Re: Fast Forwarding

    Hmmm.... if you could possibly modify the sending app to request a Report
    with Full Data (MQRO_COA_WITH_FULL_DATA). This would let the QM at the
    destination replicate the message. Otherwise, I think the only solution is
    to put an application in the middle that will duplicate the message. IBM's
    WebSphere Message Broker would be the obvious solution.

  3. Re: Fast Forwarding

    Hi Carl - thanks for the suggestion, I'll check out those options. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread