Websphere MQ - Websphere

This is a discussion on Websphere MQ - Websphere ; Hi, I am pretty new to Websphere MQ. I have some basic questions, please clarify me. 1. I have tried to accomplish point-to-point messaging using MQ6 by creating remote and transmission Queues with sender channel in one queue manager and ...

  1. Websphere MQ

    Hi,

    I am pretty new to Websphere MQ. I have some basic questions, please clarify me.
    1. I have tried to accomplish point-to-point messaging using MQ6 by creating remote and transmission Queues with sender channel in one queue manager and local Queue with Reciever channel in another queue manager and its working fine when I try to send messages from sender to receiver. In the same way, is it possible to create and test publish/subscribe messaging within Websphere MQ(ver 6) alone without any other applications? If it is so, then let me know the way of achieving it.
    2. Is it possible to accomplish publish/subscribe messaging using clusters?

    Thanks & Regards,
    NKarthikeyan.

  2. Re: Websphere MQ

    If you haven't checked it out yet, you might want to download and read
    SC34-6606, MQ v6 Pub Sub user's guide. Go to
    http://www.ibm.com/software/integration/wmq/library.

    1. Basically, you always need some sort of application to test messaging,
    although using the RFHUTIL utility (IH03 SupportPac) can "emulate" an MQ
    application and help you test. In particular, RFHUTIL has screens for
    publishing messages.

    2. I'd say that no, MQ Clustering isn't very compatible with Pub/Sub
    actually. You generally publish messages to a queue that is monitored by
    the Pub/Sub engine and that engine won't normally share that info with other
    instances. Pub/Sub does support it's own hierarchy however. And when the
    engine Publishes messages, it seems to me that it will always specify the QM
    and Queue name, so again, MQ Clusters won't be used.

  3. Re: Websphere MQ

    Hi Carl,
    Thank you for clarifying my doubt. I am going through some user guides for publish/subscribe messaging from IBM and will catch you later with more doubts.

+ Reply to Thread