Standardizing Message Schemas - Websphere

This is a discussion on Standardizing Message Schemas - Websphere ; I have extensive experience with web services, but I want to take advantage of the benefits of MQ (like async messaging, reliable messaging, etc.) since the WS-* specs are yet to be proven. I'm just scratching the surface with non-WS ...

  1. Standardizing Message Schemas

    I have extensive experience with web services, but I want to take advantage of the benefits of MQ (like async messaging, reliable messaging, etc.) since the WS-* specs are yet to be proven. I'm just scratching the surface with non-WS based messaging, and I want to standardize my infrastructure before my organization dives in.

    One very attractive facet of web services is the WSDL spec. Being able to describe the types, interfaces, and end points of services in a ubiquitous language like XML is fantastic. Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can create a similar standard for describing MQ messages? Do you know if there's a non-WS specific WSDL derivative in the works anywhere?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Standardizing Message Schemas

    Hey there,

    I don't know much about Web Services, but I do believe that you can get the
    best of both worlds - WebServices Messages (SOAP) and Enterprise Messaging
    (WebSphere MQ, WebSphere Application Server v6, WebSphere ESB), i.e, SOAP
    over JMS or SOAP over XMS.

    For WebSphere ESB, visit
    http://www.ibm.com/software/info/mid...ions/index.jsp
    For XMS, visit http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24007092 and
    http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp...o=y&rs=message

    Regards,
    Saket

    wrote in message
    news:104582291.1135788087475.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsg was007.sby.ibm.com...
    >I have extensive experience with web services, but I want to take advantage
    >of the benefits of MQ (like async messaging, reliable messaging, etc.)
    >since the WS-* specs are yet to be proven. I'm just scratching the surface
    >with non-WS based messaging, and I want to standardize my infrastructure
    >before my organization dives in.
    >
    > One very attractive facet of web services is the WSDL spec. Being able to
    > describe the types, interfaces, and end points of services in a ubiquitous
    > language like XML is fantastic. Does anyone have any thoughts on how I
    > can create a similar standard for describing MQ messages? Do you know if
    > there's a non-WS specific WSDL derivative in the works anywhere?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread