WMQ Eclipse/RAD Message browser plugin? - Websphere

This is a discussion on WMQ Eclipse/RAD Message browser plugin? - Websphere ; Is there an Eclipse plugin that will allow browsing (and editing?) the full messgae text of WMQ queues? The new MQ Explorer is now Eclipse-based but as I understand it still limits browsing to the first 100 characters. I'm thinking ...

  1. WMQ Eclipse/RAD Message browser plugin?

    Is there an Eclipse plugin that will allow browsing (and editing?) the full
    messgae text of WMQ queues? The new MQ Explorer is now Eclipse-based but as
    I understand it still limits browsing to the first 100 characters. I'm
    thinking of something along the lines of MQ Visual Edit in terms of
    functionality. MQVE does what I want but we seem to be moving into a more
    RAD-based development environment at work so a comparable plugin would just
    be a convenient fit.

    Thanks for any info you can provide.

    D. Gallant

  2. re:WMQ Eclipse/RAD Message browser plugin?

    Hi,

    I'm on the border with this one. I use Eclipse all the time for
    development and I have a plugin for SQL work. Now with MQ v6, I have
    to have a second copy of Eclipse (v3.0.1) installed because the plugin
    does not work with 3.1 or 3.1.1.

    Besides, it drives me crazy when I'm doing database development work
    to have to keep on switching between perspectives. Java -> SQL
    -> Java -> SQL ...

    I bought a 21 inch monitor so that I COULD have multiple windows open
    at the same time. When I am working through issues with SQL or MQ, I
    like having the code in one window and MQ or SQL in the other window.

    Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

    Regards,
    Roger Lacroix

+ Reply to Thread