Message formats for JMS and MQ Series - Websphere

This is a discussion on Message formats for JMS and MQ Series - Websphere ; Can someone provide me with the difference in the Message formats for JMS and MQ Series. if someone can provide some link for these formats it would be great. Thank you Brajesh...

  1. Message formats for JMS and MQ Series

    Can someone provide me with the difference in the Message formats for JMS and MQ Series.
    if someone can provide some link for these formats it would be great.

    Thank you

    Brajesh

  2. Re: Message formats for JMS and MQ Series

    You should checkout the MQ Series Redbooks
    http://www-306.ibm.com/software/inte...n/wmq/library/. I think you might
    be interested in the Programmer's Guide and learning the MQ Interface API
    (also known as MQI). The MQ messages are based on headers, the MQMD being
    the more pervasive. Also, I saw your question above, you might also be
    interested in RFH2 headers for interoperation with JMS. There is also a
    Java MQ Guide Redbook and it covers JMS.
    wrote in message
    news:1430897647.1135263937651.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas007.sby.ibm.com...
    > Can someone provide me with the difference in the Message formats for JMS
    > and MQ Series.
    > if someone can provide some link for these formats it would be great.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Brajesh

  3. Re: Message formats for JMS and MQ Series

    It depends what exactly you mean.

    WebSphere MQ doesn't have a message format. Your message is transferred as
    binary data, and is unaltered as it passes from system to system. There is
    metadata accompanying the message (ie. the message descriptor) and this is
    in a particular format which is documented.

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...doc/chmsgt.htm
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...k.doc/mqmd.htm

    WebSphere MQ JMS does have a message format. This is complex, but is
    documented:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...csqzaw1381.htm

    If this is not the answer you wanted, then sorry, but please do clarify.

    Regards,
    Martin

    wrote in message
    news:1430897647.1135263937651.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas007.sby.ibm.com...
    > Can someone provide me with the difference in the Message formats for JMS
    > and MQ Series.
    > if someone can provide some link for these formats it would be great.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Brajesh

  4. Re: Message formats for JMS and MQ Series

    Thank you Martin.
    Actually i am sending messages using JMS to a queue and trying to retrieve using MQ base java.So i wanted to see the formats.I saw the formats and one thing that i got was that i need to set MQRFH2 field to null.But i don't know how?
    Also if u think anything else need to be done to receive mesages through MQ, please advise.

    Regards
    Brajesh

  5. Re: Message formats for JMS and MQ Series

    Hi Brajesh

    It is a *lot* less work if you use the WMQ JMS classes for consuming the
    messages. Is there a reason why you need to use only WMQ base Java classes?
    The WMQ JMS classes come together with the base Java parts of a WMQ
    installation.

    Martin

    wrote in message
    news:436980980.1136295375489.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsg was007.sby.ibm.com...
    > Thank you Martin.
    > Actually i am sending messages using JMS to a queue and trying to
    > retrieve using MQ base java.So i wanted to see the formats.I saw the
    > formats and one thing that i got was that i need to set MQRFH2 field to
    > null.But i don't know how?
    > Also if u think anything else need to be done to receive mesages through
    > MQ, please advise.
    >
    > Regards
    > Brajesh

  6. Re: Message formats for JMS and MQ Series

    Hi Martin

    I need to retrieve through MQ base java only. You can say that as a requirement.

    Regards
    Brajesh

  7. Re: Message formats for JMS and MQ Series

    Hi Brajesh,

    Of course it is your choice (you didn't say why it was a requirement though,
    and of course you don't have to).

    But writing code to parse the full WMQ JMS data formats is very
    time-consuming. If you used the WMQ JMS classes in the consumer app, you
    wouldn't have to do any of that parsing work yourself.

    Martin.

+ Reply to Thread