XMS.NET - "CWSMQ0062E: This session is Transacted." - Websphere

This is a discussion on XMS.NET - "CWSMQ0062E: This session is Transacted." - Websphere ; Hi, I keep on getting this error when trying to run a session transacted async message listener and I'm pretty baffled what it means. Looking at the JMS documentation, I think this means, it's trying to call .Recover, which is ...

  1. XMS.NET - "CWSMQ0062E: This session is Transacted."

    Hi,

    I keep on getting this error when trying to run a session transacted async message listener and I'm pretty baffled what it means. Looking at the JMS documentation, I think this means, it's trying to call .Recover, which is an illegal command under trasacted sessions. However, I'm making no such calls - the error is coming from within the XMS package itself.

    The even stranger thing is that despite the error, everything seems to be working fine, although it does print out an error file (it must view this as a pretty serious error).

    Any thoughts? Here's the trace from the error log (the error log is much longer if you'd like to see how I have all the values set up.)

    Thanks,

    Mark

    IBM.XMS.IllegalStateException: CWSMQ0062E: This session is Transacted.
    ...No stack trace data in exception - outputting current stack trace...
    at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e)
    at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e)
    at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
    at IBM.XMS.Util.FFDCFilter.OpenFile(Exception ex, String probeId, String source, Object caller)
    at IBM.XMS.Util.FFDCFilter.ProcessException(Exception ex, String source, String probeId, Object caller)
    at IBM.XMS.WMQ.XMSErrUtil.NewException(Type classType, String messageName, Object[] messageParams, Exception caughtException, Object caller, TraceComponent theirTc, String probeId)
    at IBM.XMS.WMQ.WmqSession._AcknowledgeInternal()
    at IBM.XMS.WMQ.WmqMessageConsumer.ReceiveAsync(Int64 timeout)
    at IBM.XMS.WMQ.WmqAsynchronous.Run()

  2. Re: XMS.NET - "CWSMQ0062E: This session is Transacted."

    Hi Mark,

    It would be great to see the trace for the app to see what's happening.

    Please could you set the following environment variable:

    set XMS_TRACE_ON=1

    and re-run the failing app and send me the resulting trace file, maybe
    zipped? I'll send you my email id.

    Regards,
    Saket

    wrote in message
    news:1300349942.1135193119643.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas007.sby.ibm.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I keep on getting this error when trying to run a session transacted async
    > message listener and I'm pretty baffled what it means. Looking at the JMS
    > documentation, I think this means, it's trying to call .Recover, which is
    > an illegal command under trasacted sessions. However, I'm making no such
    > calls - the error is coming from within the XMS package itself.
    >
    > The even stranger thing is that despite the error, everything seems to be
    > working fine, although it does print out an error file (it must view this
    > as a pretty serious error).
    >
    > Any thoughts? Here's the trace from the error log (the error log is much
    > longer if you'd like to see how I have all the values set up.)
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mark
    >

    > IBM.XMS.IllegalStateException: CWSMQ0062E: This session is Transacted.
    > ..No stack trace data in exception - outputting current stack trace...
    > at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e)
    > at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e)
    > at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
    > at IBM.XMS.Util.FFDCFilter.OpenFile(Exception ex, String probeId, String
    > source, Object caller)
    > at IBM.XMS.Util.FFDCFilter.ProcessException(Exception ex, String source,
    > String probeId, Object caller)
    > at IBM.XMS.WMQ.XMSErrUtil.NewException(Type classType, String
    > messageName, Object[] messageParams, Exception caughtException, Object
    > caller, TraceComponent theirTc, String probeId)
    > at IBM.XMS.WMQ.WmqSession._AcknowledgeInternal()
    > at IBM.XMS.WMQ.WmqMessageConsumer.ReceiveAsync(Int64 timeout)
    > at IBM.XMS.WMQ.WmqAsynchronous.Run()

+ Reply to Thread