Monitoring tool - Websphere

This is a discussion on Monitoring tool - Websphere ; Hello, I am quite new to WMQ and know only a little about the same. I was just curious to find out if there are any tools which will give us a statistical record of how many messages has passed ...

  1. Monitoring tool

    Hello,
    I am quite new to WMQ and know only a little about the same.
    I was just curious to find out if there are any tools which will give us a statistical record of how many messages has passed through each queue of a particular Queue Manager. I am using WMQ 5.3 on Solaris SunOS 5.8. We use a Win2K with support pack 4 to monitor the QMs through MMC(Explorer).
    Any guidance will be apreciated.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Biju

  2. Re: Monitoring tool

    Biju,
    I don't think that you can get too much of that kind of information with
    WMQ v5.3. That, indeed, is one of the areas where WMQ has been greatly
    improved with v6. You can request statistics for queues, for example, using
    WMQ v6. You get stuff like :

    OBJECTS:
    QueueName: 'MyQ'
    QueueType: Predefined
    QueueDefType: Local
    OpenCount: 1
    OpenDate: 2004-08-10
    OpenTime: 14:39:49
    CloseCount: 1
    CloseDate: 2004-08-10, CloseTime: 14:39:50
    PutCount: [0, 1]*
    PutFailCount: 0, Put1Count: [0, 0], Put1FailCount: 0
    PutBytes: [0, 4], PutMinBytes: [0, 4], PutMaxBytes: [0, 4]

  3. Re: Monitoring tool

    It requires a bit of planning and C programming, but WMQ 5.3 does have the
    facility to use API-crossing exits. You write a DLL or shared library and
    specify (via qm.ini file, admin panels, etc.?) that it gets called on every
    MQPUT. In this code you can then write your own logging logic. Sadly I
    don't think it will be possible to integrate such a user-written logging
    solution with the MMC snap-ins though.

    Docs are available at pages under
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...oc/csq3xit.htm

    As Carl has said, WMQ 6's story is better here. It could be worth an
    upgrade?

    Martin

    wrote in message
    news:1216151627.1134632587521.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas007.sby.ibm.com...
    > Hello,
    > I am quite new to WMQ and know only a little about the same.
    > I was just curious to find out if there are any tools which will give us a
    > statistical record of how many messages has passed through each queue of a
    > particular Queue Manager. I am using WMQ 5.3 on Solaris SunOS 5.8. We use
    > a Win2K with support pack 4 to monitor the QMs through MMC(Explorer).
    > Any guidance will be apreciated.
    > Thanks & Regards,
    > Biju

+ Reply to Thread